PDA

View Full Version : Hello

dojo
11-11-2010, 10:59 AM
My name is Ramona Iftode, I am a full time freelance web designer and active blogger / forum administrator. I've worked as a radio DJ for 10 years and last year, when I lost my job, I decided to never work for others anymore. So I started taking my business seriously. It's been a great experience and I'd advise anyone to start their own small business and make their own future.

It's nice knowing you all ;)

vangogh
11-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Welcome to the forum Ramona. Sounds like you and I have similar businesses, though I don't have the DJ experience. Does a love of music count? I hear you about the great experience working for yourself and I agree most people should start their own businesses and make their own future. I don't think I could ever go back to working for someone else and hope I never have to.

Looking forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.

KristineS
11-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Welcome to the forum, Ramona. Good for you that you decided to go out on your own. I'm glad it's been a good experience.

cbscreative
11-11-2010, 02:37 PM
I'll third that decision to strike out on your own as being a good choice. You also found a great forum for web design as well as the business of it. Although this forum is for any kind of small business, it does have a pretty good population of web people here, so you're in good company. Welcome.

dojo
11-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Thank you all for the welcome. My work as a radio DJ has helped me know good music and enjoy it. It's also had a HUGE influence on my people's skills. As you can imagine, one cannot be a good showman without honing those skills. As you guys said, I'd NEVER go work for anyone again :D