Thread: Hello

Default Hello

My name is Ramona Iftode, I am a full time freelance web designer and active blogger / forum administrator. I've worked as a radio DJ for 10 years and last year, when I lost my job, I decided to never work for others anymore. So I started taking my business seriously. It's been a great experience and I'd advise anyone to start their own small business and make their own future.

It's nice knowing you all
    SEO Audit - find out exactly why your website is not ranking in Google.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Ramona. Sounds like you and I have similar businesses, though I don't have the DJ experience. Does a love of music count? I hear you about the great experience working for yourself and I agree most people should start their own businesses and make their own future. I don't think I could ever go back to working for someone else and hope I never have to.

Looking forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum, Ramona. Good for you that you decided to go out on your own. I'm glad it's been a good experience.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

I'll third that decision to strike out on your own as being a good choice. You also found a great forum for web design as well as the business of it. Although this forum is for any kind of small business, it does have a pretty good population of web people here, so you're in good company. Welcome.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thank you all for the welcome. My work as a radio DJ has helped me know good music and enjoy it. It's also had a HUGE influence on my people's skills. As you can imagine, one cannot be a good showman without honing those skills. As you guys said, I'd NEVER go work for anyone again
    SEO Audit - find out exactly why your website is not ranking in Google.