Thread: Construction Costs

Array

Question Construction Costs

For those of you that own brick and mortar businesses, how much did you spend in construction? I know prices vary by project and location. I just wanted to see actual examples. Did you build a new building? Did you remodel a building? Are you renting a spot in a shopping center and had to remodel or build out the inside? Any input would be helpful.

I tried to search the forum before posting this, but I couldn't find a thread with this info.

Thank you in advance

Array

Nada - I leased a spot that fit my needs perfectly. I just had to furnish the space and put up signage.

Array

Very simple answer - it all depends on what you need.

Brick and mortar businesses can vary from a simple variety store to a doctor's office to a manufacturing facility. I know for myself (combination service and manufacturing), to put up a building to house my company is going to cost between $200-220K including purchase of land at $150k (good deal because it comes with a 5 year lease to an automotive garage at $1100/month).
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

Depends on what you need,
    Also Cashflow.
    I suggest you work with a commercial broker
    If you decide to build look at it in maybe ways as a stand alone investment. Can you rent and at what rate if you'r business fails or needs to move.

Array

Harvey let's talk more about what you do. I see construction on your profile.