Thread: Quickbooks help

Array

Default Quickbooks help

I'm looking for some help with Quickbook. The program stopped responding and even a clean reinstall did not resolve the issue. I tried Quickbooks support, but I had only 2 choices. First is a public forum that was free. There was some help there, but they did not have any idea why the clean install didn't work. Option 2 was to pay a ransom to Quickbooks for their support. $59.95 for a one time help or $89.95 for 3 months.

Can anyone suggest some other company that can help? I don't want to give those thieves any more money.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Banned
    Array

Which version of QB? What operating system? How old is the computer? How big is the QB file? Where does it stop responding?

Array

Quickbooks pro 2012
    Windows 7 Pro - service pack 1
    Computer about 2 years
    QB file is 80MB
    It stop when I try to open a company, any company. I tried the sample company and creating a company. Both locked up.

Thanks for the help.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Array

The Quickbook File Doctor found nothing wrong with the company file.

Banned
    Array

By "locked up", do you mean it just never comes back? Have you ever used ProcMon to figure out what's going on with an application? I'm wondering if it's a network issue with checking for updates and something blocking network access (like Windows Firewall).

Array

I get a "Not Responding" error. With quickbooks that is common, but even after letting it run for 30+ minute it never comes back. I look into the system progress, CPU usage is at zero. Disabled firewall, virus protection, and internet monitoring. Still having issues.

Banned
    Array

Since CPU is 0, let's assume for now that it's "waiting for something". That's often either network or disk. You can use wireshark to figure out if it's making networking calls to somewhere that's not being answered and then try to figure out why it's not being answered. If it's not networking, then it'll be the disk and ProcMon can show you why certain disk requests would be failing.

Yes, both tools are kind of painful to use on first pass, but they provide a LOT of information about what's going on and that's pretty much the only way you're going to narrow down the problem... short of paying for QB support.