Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twitter shows immediate results

Array

I'm not really fond of auto-response in twitter, if I get them from people I follow, I automatically unfollow them but not all the time, sometimes I give exception to people who have more than a hundred updates.
    Enhance your professional image with customizable business cards/business card designs

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I don't care for them either. Lately I've been getting a lot of direct messages that are clearly automated all saying thanks for following and then providing a link for me to visit. I don't visit and I often unsubscribe on the spot.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

I read most of my Direct Messages, however generally delete most, and respond to a few that may catch my eye as not automated.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I read the real ones. What bugs me about the automated directs is they pollute that stream. It's really meant to be a private form of communication within Twitter, but lately it's becoming the new place to send spam. I don't mind an automated thank you for following, but when people send me a link in their first DM I unfollow them right away. Shows they have no interest in anything other than selling to me.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Array

It seems to become a standard nowadays, I've always received auto-thank you responds from people I follow with their website on the message since I signed up on twitter. It can be annoying if you just blindly follow someone other than that its okay.
    the right toll free number is your key to success

Array

I have an auto thank-you setup for people that follow. However i did change it to not include my link and just suggest to visit my site, which can be easily found on my profile. I think it will probably mean less clicks but the clicks will be from people that really want to visit my site.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Be careful with the auto response. There's a serious backlash against them now and with good reason. The idea behind a direct is to have a place for personal communication between friends that don't appear in the public Twitter stream. An auto response from a stranger violates what the direct is all about.

Even if people do click on the link or don't immediately unfollow you, you haven't made a real connection with anyone. Without the real connection you haven't really gained anything useful to your business.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

You know reading this reminded me that I have an autosponder set up, and haven't even thought about it. I think I need to change that now.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

The last week or so I've seen dozens of posts criticizing the auto responses. I think most people using them are honest and mean well. They probably don't realize how annoying it is to receive them and how they come across more as spam than genuine.

Array

Probably the biggest issue on using them or not, is that it is almost impossible to guage how it actually effects how many people choose to follow you or not based on it.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels