Thread: Form To Include With Payment To a Freelancer

Default Form To Include With Payment To a Freelancer

My sole proprietor business is beginning to use freelancers for some specific projects/clients.

I need a form I can use as a receipt to include with the payment that documents the project and client that the payment is for, etc.

Does anyone know of a good resource for modifiable forms for that purpose? I'd like to add my company logo, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Daren

Congrats on the growth that necessitates going outside, Daren.

Starting with the simplest approach, I think MS Word (and other similar word processors) has decent-ish wizards and template capabilities that could walk you through a roll-your-own setup of a basic form, that you could customize to suit. Possibility?

That's definitely worth a look - thanks for the suggestion.

Daren

Daren,

I think best practice would involve them invoicing you prior to payment. Your payment can then reference that invoice. Creating your own payment verification minus their invoice would not prove more than a cancelled check. The receipt would not represent any kind of agreement of services provided, because it is a one sided view of the transaction. That's how we have handled things at least.

Mark

a free version of Quickbooks would handle this for you. It will track the invoice/payments/clients and do it in a template that you don't have to mess with that much.
    Osprey Strategic Research focuses on MSP telemarketing services specifically for the IT industry.