Thread: Rate my business name

Default Rate my business name

Simply Prime

That's the name my team came up with. We intend to sell all types of goods on ebay using dropshippers. Items ranging from electronics to car products

Array

Sounds like a meat company.
    If you're selling it on ebay, I don't think the name really matters on ebay. The products, description, returns, policies etc matter.

I find it difficult to "rate" a company name. Not sure what you are expecting. The name has that overseas feel though, but doesn't really explain what you do. Simply prime what? Prime rib? Prime Real estate? Is the domain taken?
    Graphic & Web Design [ View Portfolio ]
    Services: Logo Designs, Stationery, Brochures, Flyers, Booklets, Direct Mail, E-Newsletters, Websites, Store Signage, Packaging & Printing

Array

I agree with Woz, I expect to be ordering steaks.

I sort of like the simply part. if You were selling just one line it could be "simply auto parts' or "simply electronics". As a multi-line maybe "simply bargains". Personally I'd go with a more corporate sounding name like "Penquin Products". But as Woz said it doesn't matter much on Ebay.

Array

90% of names don't really matter...they are neither pos or neg

if you come up with a really creative name I do think it can help you

and if you come up with a really bad name I know it can hurt you

in the line of business your in I don't think anyone will even notice your name....I prefer a name that describes what you do...your name describes nothing....I don't quite get what it has to do with selling on ebay.....

does the PRIME = high quality? im assuming that's whats going on.....whatever it means it will work just fine for ebay

Array

I agree with you, I think it is the quality of service you provide is more important than your company name. find a cool name you like and provide a service and product quality is the sucess make.

My first thought was that it might be a bit too similar to Amazon Prime but I'm not sure if that would be a problem.

As the others have said I wouldn't stress too much about the name, start selling and go from there.

Registered Member
    Array

I like it, it's simple, for wnat of a better word. But yes, it does make me think of meat not that it matters.

It does not really relate to the nature of business you are in.

But, yes I would have to agree that what matters most in eBay is not the name. If you have a good reputation and feedback as a seller, then that shouldn't be a problem.

Hi!

My “wearable anger cure” is finally 20-year patent-pending, but a company name is needed before the big manufacturing and distribution begin. Please choose ONE name by typing in the number next to it that you think sounds most like a brand that makes wearable healing products. If you have any different suggestions, I’ll gladly see if they're fitting and available.

Thanks!
    -Alex Dott

Pillwear ™ - 1

Wearcentric ™ - 2

Wearmonize ™ - 3