Thread: Printing t-shirts without inventory?

Default Printing t-shirts without inventory?

Hi,
    I am new to the business and i am trying to figure out some stuff. I would like to sell t-shirts online. I have some sort of plan, but I would like to find out how to solve the printing and shipping. I don't want to keep inventory. what I was thinking is to have images on the website so the buyer can choose the print, size of tshirt and color. . What I am not sure is where to find the company that would print the selected image and ship it to buyer directly.
    So my question is what company should I look for that provide this type of service for reasonable price.
    Any recomendation appreciated
    thank you

Brandscribe

Hey Lola,

I too had an idea a few years ago that I've love to be a tshirt tycoon! I found there were a bunch of companies out there who were able to print on-demand designs that you could order one at a time. Try googling for 'on demand t shirt printing' and you should be able to find some great suppliers. The only downside is that you lose the economies of scale and so your profit margin is squeezed. It may be a good way to prove the concept before you take the plunge and invest your own capital or seek to raise outside funding for your tshirt brand.

Best of luck!

thank you im going to check that

Array

Print quality and tshirt quality is the most important thing. Theres too many crappy printing companies for tshirts where the ink is so hard and crusty it's only good for a short while. Most fashion oriented consumers know the difference and stay way poor quality.

You gotta get those super soft blends and not those starchy rigid tshirts made of thick cotton.
    Graphic & Web Design [ View Portfolio ]
    Services: Logo Designs, Stationery, Brochures, Flyers, Booklets, Direct Mail, E-Newsletters, Websites, Store Signage, Packaging & Printing

I think I got pretty good company for printing based on recomendation, the only thing I need to figure out how to create images. I want use combination of pictures and words, but need to find out what software is easy to use. If anyone can help I would appreciate ))

anyone who in the printing company will do it for u, sir, as it is a simple skill

I am not sure if it is ok to say it this way but as it seems no one else does:

You want to start a t-shirt selling company, without inventory and without any software currently in your posession(so you have not even tried yet to make a single picture).
    This strikes me as a very bad idea.

Trying to make easy money without skill doesn't work very well in my opinion.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I already have a few images and I got software to create images, I know it's not that easy, but getting there slowly, I know I am newbie here and never done any business so that's why I still have many twists.

Array

The BEST software for that stuff is Adobe Illustrator. It is not easy to use. However it is the best because it creates resolution independent images which is what you will need when printing on tshirts.

Considering you have no knowledge of the software you also may not understand the printing process and the way the file formats that need to be created and how they're setup to be able to print on tshirts. This will all depend solely on the type of T-shirt printing as there are many kind.

Also, since you don't know any software, chances are you don't have that eye for design either. You mentioned you have images already.. which means someone else has created them, hopefully you also have ownership or ability to reprint it otherwise you can also be sued for that.

The tshirt business is NOT easy if you know 0 about it.
    Graphic & Web Design [ View Portfolio ]
    Services: Logo Designs, Stationery, Brochures, Flyers, Booklets, Direct Mail, E-Newsletters, Websites, Store Signage, Packaging & Printing