Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Google Changing its ways?

But, as I suggested with the web designer example, you are here selling as well as on your web site. I'm not in that situation. Many people here such as yourself are. You are selling your personal service and expertise. My website trys to make me look larger than life. A big company. My picture on my site would add 0 sales to my product line. It's a "depends" situation. I also don't lie about it. I say Bill Benson isn't my real name for the reasons stated.

Array

Seems like Yahoo is heading in the same direction as Google --

From WebProNews: I spoke with some people from Yahoo including Tom Chi, Senior Director of Product Management for Yahoo Search, about the new feature, Search Pad. Essentially, it keeps track of your searches, figures out when you are researching things, & stores results of interest in a virtual notepad you can use for reference.

Will Yahoo use any of the data collected for any reason other than to deliver this feature? ---
    Yahoo! will anonymize user log data within 90 days with limited exceptions for fraud, security and legal obligations. Yahoo! will also expand the policy to apply not only to search log data but also page views, page clicks, ad views and ad clicks."

You guys in the industry probably know this already but I post it for the others.