Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best headline/ad you've ever seen?

Array

Default Best headline/ad you've ever seen?

I've seen a ton of awesome (convincing) ads, and have read a bunch of amazing headlines, so I'm wondering which ads/headlines have stuck out in your own minds?

A recent one I saw (on the subway) was for a language learning institute, and they had a picture of a bench, with a sign next to it that read, "Wet paint." However, there was also a body mark on the bench that signified that someone hadn't read the "Wet paint" sign and sat on it. On a panel next to the image, it read, "Don't get stained. Learn English."

I saw that has a perfect way to compel a need and CTA.

Others?

Refugee from the .com
    Array

That's a great example but the problem is the target audience still can't read it.

It's hard to pick out the best headline ever but one of the most brilliant IMO was Propel water on Hulu. You could watch an entire show with one 10 second ad at the beginning that said something like, "This show brought to you uninterrupted by Propel... It washes away commercials."

That was a few years ago before Hulu got almost as bad as network TV. I refuse to watch Hulu anymore.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

haha I saw that exact same print ad on the subway while I was visiting toronto.
    Need a sales generating animated video?
    My Intro Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7BzRz6bXoA
    www.AdscapesAdvertising.com

Quote Originally Posted by cbscreative View Post
    That's a great example but the problem is the target audience still can't read it.

It's hard to pick out the best headline ever but one of the most brilliant IMO was Propel water on Hulu. You could watch an entire show with one 10 second ad at the beginning that said something like, "This show brought to you uninterrupted by Propel... It washes away commercials."

That was a few years ago before Hulu got almost as bad as network TV. I refuse to watch Hulu anymore.
    Not quite sure I agree with you Steve. If someone has been in a country for 6 months to a year, They are going to learn words and phrases at a communicative level. Wet would be a common word and so would paint. Not to hard to figure out. People want to go to the grocery store for milk. They figure out what milk is pretty quickly. In this example, if the advertiser thought that this could have put wet paint in small text in a few languages under the English. The Language Placard could do the same.

The hard part about language are idiomatic expressions (in a round about way) and grammar. Of course you are always adding new words. And some people are better at language than others.

Once upon a time my boss told me I could either look for a job or move to Latin America and manage sales for Latin America and the Caribbean. So I off I went to Panama speaking no Spanish. So I've been there and done that. It only took a couple of months to be pretty comfortable. I'm about 80% fluent now. That took quite a few years in my case.

Array

I moved to Miami Beach in 2001, managed night clubs, after staying up all night, the A/C guy or a delivery guy would make an appointment for 10:30 or noon, then NOT SHOW UP or be very late... After about 6 months of this, I was driving and saw an ad for a pool company... Slogan "We Show Up!" I thought for this area, this was perfect!
    Nexxterra.com Affordable Website Hosting and Domain Registration

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Too many tag lines and headlines over the years to say which is best, but I did recently come across the sales copy that made me buy immediately.

It was for a set of kitchen ware and utensils..you know steak knives, spatulas, colanders... it was like a set of 50 things. I've needed some new things for a while and just kept putting it off. There was a few lines in the sales copy that read:

"Aren't you tired of cutting your steak with the plastic knives that you get from your Chinese take out? Stop living like a college student and get yourself a nice set of kitchen utensils"

I purchased it right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Mansfield View Post
    Too many tag lines and headlines over the years to say which is best, but I did recently come across the sales copy that made me buy immediately.

It was for a set of kitchen ware and utensils..you know steak knives, spatulas, colanders... it was like a set of 50 things. I've needed some new things for a while and just kept putting it off. There was a few lines in the sales copy that read:

"Aren't you tired of cutting your steak with the plastic knives that you get from your Chinese take out? Stop living like a college student and get yourself a nice set of kitchen utensils"

I purchased it right away.
    What did you do with all the knives from the Chinese takeout?

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by billbenson View Post
    What did you do with all the knives from the Chinese takeout?
    I use them to stir my coffee in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInternetDude View Post
    I've seen a ton of awesome (convincing) ads, and have read a bunch of amazing headlines, so I'm wondering which ads/headlines have stuck out in your own minds?

A recent one I saw (on the subway) was for a language learning institute, and they had a picture of a bench, with a sign next to it that read, "Wet paint." However, there was also a body mark on the bench that signified that someone hadn't read the "Wet paint" sign and sat on it. On a panel next to the image, it read, "Don't get stained. Learn English."

I saw that has a perfect way to compel a need and CTA.

Others?
    Hmmm... it sure is creative and funny, but it would be interesting to find out how much language courses were sold as the result of this advertisement?

What do you think?
    "Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance
    like nobody is watching." - Mark Twain

I think the one that catches my attention was from Accenture. Their slogan "We Deliver". I saw their TV commercial about how they delivered huge success to the biggest companies in the US and around the world through their innovative business consulting and other services available.