Thread: Starting a Breast Cancer Fundraiser

Default Starting a Breast Cancer Fundraiser

We are starting a fundraiser for breast cancer, and wanted some help on what the consumers want. We are thinking about selling bracelets that are pink and white, but we still haven't decided if we are selling 1 inch or 1/2 inch bracelets. Which would you buy? We are selling them in and around our community. Do any of you have any ideas of what we could do to advertise and who we should target as our audience. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Array

Hi Zach. Good for you starting a cancer fundraiser. As a man, I probably wouldn't want a pink and white bracelet (although I might buy one anyway since it's a good cause). have you considered offering a unisex item, or perhaps something for men as well?
    Lorraine Gregory Communications Group - Long Island, NY Marketing Agency

Array

I personally despise pink anything as it relates to breast cancer fundraisers...so I would buy neither...heavily influenced by the blog of a friend who is has metastatic Stage IV breast cancer (But Doctor, I hate pink) and her friends in the blogosphere...

Default Target Market

Our target market is teenage females and males, in high school. What we are looking for is a way to market.

Array

Student Union Groups
    Grad Committees
    Parent Action Committees (PTA"s)
    Joint Ventures with other vendors photographers, florists, dressmakers
    Social Media Outreach
    Direct Mail with names from teen magazine subscribers
    School Newspapers