Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Too many tables

Frederick, just find a css based template that is similar to your site and use it for the next page you write. It doesn't mean that it will be the best css in the world, but it's a good way to get your feet wet a little bit. Either that or run through some tutorials. Write a practice page that isn't linked to on your site.

VG, do you use tables for tabular data or css? I still use tables a lot, but they are for "tables". Particularly for admin types of pages that I write that are only for my personal use so SEO has no real impact, whether it would or not? It's really fast to plop a table in and out of DW. Again, I'm not talking about layout.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Frederick definitely give css a try. You can easily move things a px or two with it. Really there's nothing you can do with a table that can't be done with css. Ultimately css will give you more control over things though.

Bill I'll use a table for tabular data. That's what the table tag is there for. There's nothing wrong with tables in general. They just aren't the best solution to use for site layout. When it comes to tabular data they work very well. CSS actually has a value for the display property called table and a few others. You can create a table purely with css and without table tags. I'd use table tags though.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals