Thread: Any other sites to help us?

Default Any other sites to help us?

I'm on here quite often, but would like to see what other sites you all use to just learn some useful info or general things that might help anyone at the very beginning of a business venture. There's just so much to learn out there when it comes to starting a business from the ground up.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

True there is a lot to learn, but it's not all in one place. If you are totally in the dark, (and in the U.S.) you may want to check out the SBA.
    After that, you really just have to start reading various blogs and websites in the niche that you are trying to learn.
    Narrow it down, and we can narrow it down.

Marketing? Web Design? Social Media? Advertising? SEO? Business Management? Legal? Accounting?

Array

If you're looking for marketing advice, check out Hubspot. They've got a ton of helpful e-books you can download for free.

Registered Member
    Array

Check out score.org, as well. They provide a wealth of info and connections. Twitter is also a great place to pick up interesting links. I follow about 100 people in the startup world... Too many to list, but you can check it out.

Check out kabbage.com for informative articles about not only starting a business but also managing and growing it. There are references to articles and other resources such as sba.gov and prosper.com, as well.

If you're into eCommerce, there are a bunch of articles (in the guides, learning center and blog pages) related to eBay, Etsy, Amazon, etc. that focus on optimizing your eCommerce page and marketing your products effectively.

If you're looking for info on SEO, I would suggest checking out moz.com.
    Smartlink Solutions. SEO service

Array

I would highly recommend my site (link below) BusinessPlanMentor.com. I offer a free business plan writing tutorial, but I also offer an extensive section of startup info. Pretty much anything you need to know as a new or wannabe business owner is covered. As a former franchise (retail) owner (among other businesses) I can offer first hand advice and how-to detail. Check it out.
    Sylvia
    http://businessplanmentor.com/
    Free business plan tutorial and step by step how to start your own business.

Quora is great place to look for advice! Serious questions and great answers, just a bit tricky in the beginning to organize the feed you're following but once you have subscribed to the topics you are interested in and followed the people, it gets very interesting.