Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is it good to have own website?

For those of us who derive our income mainly from online sources, the world neatly divides itself into off-line and online. I couldn't imagine not having a website, because my website is my helpdesk, storefront, customer resource center, and so on.

I'm sure many off-line businesses are doing just fine with a physical presence alone, but in my opinion they're not reaching their potential if they don't have any website at all. Even a simple, one page website is 100 times better than having no online presence. For many people who often starts their search online, you may have the biggest storefront in town and yet not exist at all In their eyes. I know I've passed over businesses in the past because I couldn't find them on Google.
    Following a proven business model skyrockets your chances of success as an entrepreneur. My free guide will teach you several long-term sustainable online business models used by: Amazon.com, Wisegeek.com, and Alibaba.com. Get it here: http://BuildStartups.com/dihm

Array

As one of the only, if not the only, member here without a website, I do agree with the above post.
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

Array

I would consider a business website required. Personal websites are still optional, but they're helpful if you're trying to build your personal brand. Personally, I don't have one. But I don't use Twitter much either, so *shrug*.
    Need a new website?
    Professional business websites in 60 seconds.
    Try our business website builder free for 7 days.

Array

Most definitely a yes. Makes for a Win Win situation. Feedback is a must and the website is a source of communication that is a must to survive in any business today.

Registered Member
    Array

Yes it is highly recommended that you get your own website rather than use the free hosting available online. Why? For a simple reason that when you have your own site, you have total control of things. You will realize that for free hosting sites, there are always limitations. Another reason is that you will never know when the free site will last. What if, the site owner decided to close down the site? What will happen to your content? These are all possible and I have seen this happen. So if you are really serious about putting up a good site for your products or services or for your affiliate marketing business, it is best to have your own paid site than take risk on a free hosting.

Yes you need it. Having an online presence is prerequisite for any business or profession. People who still consider it as a cost , should realized that it is investment and not cost. You needa a professionally designed effective site which can serve its purpose. An to promote it, you can go for Digital marketing tools such as SEO, SMO, PPC, Online media buying etc.

websites are very essential especially to small businesses. people are very engage to social media. as a customer every time i need something i search on the web, this saves me time and effort. so do not hesitate on getting a website of your own. this will help your business grow and get customers as well. goodluck!

and btw, just make sure your website will be mobile compatible. try mobidart they provide free website to small business owners.