Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Twitter Resource

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Default Twitter Resource

I know a few people here are curious about Twitter and whether or not it can help your business.

Darren Rowse, the person behind ProBlogger, started a new blog called TwitTip not too long ago. I've been reading it since the beginning and there are a lot of good tips and ideas for how best to become involved with Twitter.

The site is relatively new and if you're interested you could probably read all the posts in a night or two and get caught up to speed.

Do you have Twitter resources you want to share? Blogs? Tools?
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I've been wanting to use Twitter more so this is a very helpful resource. Thanks for pointing it out.

I don't have any resources to share, but I did want to ask about one. It's something called "Tweetdeck". Is that a program that keeps Twitter on your desktop or something?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

That's exactly what TweetDeck is. It's what I'm using now. When I want to engage with Twitter I open it up and leave it to the side of my monitor. Then I can pay attention when I want and ignore it when I want too.

TweetDeck isn't the only desktop client for Twitter. I used to use one called Twhirl, which I liked, but TweetDeck makes it easier to find replies and direct messages. I believe you can also set up groups with it, but I haven't really checked that out yet.

Most of the desktop clients for Twitter run on top of Adobe Air so you need to have that installed first, but most of the clients including TweetDeck will download and install Air as part of the process.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I figured it was something like what you described. I'm not that much into Twitter yet, but I think I'm going to be increasing my involvement soon. I'll have to look into TweetDeck.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Having a desktop client does make a difference. I think most serious users aren't doing so through the site itself. Something like TweetDeck can help a lot.

Array

Twitter is really i think creating an industry of it's own i think. With some of the different things i have seen. Even including advertising on your twitter profile, with Twitad. Plus i have had some fairly good experiences so far with the still very small network that i have.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

There's a ton of Twitter tools out now and more seem to spring up every day.

Array

Just found another one and i cannot even remember how i came across it and it only happened in the last 15 minutes, it was tweetburner, for shortening URL's lets you track the clicks on your links in tweets. I had been using TinyURL, but anything to help me know more about how things are working.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Array

Very nice resource. Thanks Steve.
    Singer/Songwriter/SEO Guy | Indigo Cowboy Band

Array

Ive always been ski-dish of allowing sites access to my email account, but using it allowed me to find people on Twitter I did not think were using it.

Although, I have not benefited from using it yet. Its only connecting me to people in my field, not potential customers. But this has been first week of real usage. I'll check those resources you mentioned, they might something useful.