Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Twitter Resource

Array

Quote Originally Posted by eborg9 View Post
    It's actually cool as hell.
    I agree, its the constant contact that makes you like and feel closer. Which is why Twitter is so cool.

Array

I have just started a new sort of test on twitter, and so far after less then 24 hours, i have added 130+ new followers, and they are continuing to trickle in, the number is higher each time i check, so maybe losing some but seem to be mostly gaining.

Although at this stage, from the link or two that i have posted having more followers does not always seem to convert to more clicks. I get more clicks on my other twitter account with about 50 followers.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Oddly I haven't tweeted in a couple of weeks yet I'm picking up new followers every day. I am following all the legit ones back. I think maybe I found my way onto a list somewhere.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Some of it could just be that you are following one or two people that followed you but are quiet selective in who they follow, and then people see these people and follow who they are following if you get what i mean.

Additionally an update, it has just come up on about 24 hrs since i created my new profile for one of my sites. Through following a number of people (about 640 at this time), i have just over 200 followers, still growing and picking up people that i did not initially follow. Also, i have been replying to direct messages as i receive them, and also doing a number of @ replies and Re-Tweets of interesting things i see. Plus a couple of people @ replied to me which means i then show up to their followers. I wont know until tomorrow if or how it has affected traffic and such on my site, but i will be sure to update you. I will probably look to try and keep this momentum up for a week or two and then re-evaluate what direction to go.

Also one other thing, i have had least 2 links shared without request by people i have started following so not such a bad start me thinks
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I think it's that a few people outside my usual circles started following me and I've been good about following people back lately. I guess my name made it's way to some new people. I think a lot of them have been local to Colorado too.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I am starting to narrow down my real target followers now, about 400 since I started 2 days ago.
    Twitter has been my top referrer the last couple of days.
    I have been completely up front about what to expect from me. I don't expect that I will push anything, my whole premise is that I will be "Twittering" updates that you won't find on the blog, and geo-tagging club events.
    It's a good out let for me since I get a lot of information in, but I couldn't possibly post about every club event in every city that I get them from, but a quick geo -tagged twit is easy enough and keeps people informed.

I noticed that even some of the big names in my niche are not capitalizing , and the ones that are, are just a bunch of twits about them and them only.

Next I have to set up timed twits so that any updates I post for clubs in different time zones like the U.K., Germany, The Netherlands, Philippines, Tokyo and such will go out when I am sleep but they are awake.

I am getting the hang of it.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

You seem to be taking to Twitter very quickly. I can see how it would be useful to you too. Tweeting club events seems made for Twitter.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I so need to start using Twitter for my personal stuff. I've been using it for one of the companies and it's been really interesting. We're picking up followers regularly, and we're interacting with them, which is awesome. I'm not sure it's translated into sales yet, but it certainly has raised awareness which is what I really wanted.

Array

I am finding that the building with Twitter is easy enough, probably sitting at a little under 48 hrs and do have quite a lot happening, i have about 490 followers, which is over 50% of the number i am following at about 960, I do have a very large amount of direct messages, currently 82, I am trying to reply to as many as i can that do not look like flat out spam.

The visitor count on my website has gone up in the last 24 hours by about 60 visitors, where the average day to day increase is about 15-20, so traffic has increased and some of the referrer's are other people tweeting or retweeting my links.

I am trying to keep a track of the day to day changes that i am seeing to try and show how things have changed day to day.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I'm surprised no one has dropped their Twitter address. I'll start it off
    Twitter / 124bpms