Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 10,000 Posts and Climbing

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Default 10,000 Posts and Climbing

Hey All,

Sometime this morning we hit 10,000 posts. I noticed it when I first woke up. Thought I'd say a big thank you to everyone involved (yes that means you) in helping us reach what I hope will be the first of many milestones here. Looks like the next one may be 1,000 threads.

The last few weeks new sign ups seem to have increased and hopefully that will continue as well. It's still not six months since we opened the doors, yet we have an active community that's posting some truly quality content.

We reached 10,000 posts in a little less than half a year. Let's see if we can reach the next 10,000 even faster.

Give yourself a pat on the back and once again, thank you.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

The recent growth in new members and quality posts has been nice.

The number I look at is the # of members as indicated in the Member's List. As of now it is 177. Just like in business it takes a while to get the ball rolling, but once it does it's easier to keep it going.
    Steve B

How much spam are you getting? Unfortunately, if that is growing its also a good sign of site popularity? I don't see much, so if you are getting it, its a good sign that you are keeping the site clean as well!!

Array

You stated you saw this when you woke up. I thought you did not sleep. Well, I guess that can be rectified with another 10,000 posts.

New to this forum - but really like what you are doing here.
    Capital LookUp - Business Information At Your Finger Tips!

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Steve I actually look at the active members on the home page as the most important number since those are the people logging in over the last month.

Bill we're still getting spam. I banned two members who were actually the same person this morning as soon as I got here. I think I have a spidey sense for catching spammers and I try to ban them before they leave too many posts or even any. Right now we're still small enough to make it easy, but in time I assume we'll be getting enough new members each day to make that harder.

More members will probably mean more spam getting through. Fortunately everyone here will report the spam to help us find it. It's inevitable that some will eventually get through, but I think we'd all like to keep that to a minimum.

Joseph you've uncovered my secret. I do indeed sleep. I can't reveal when though or the secret will get out. Actually I make sure to check in on the forum throughout the day. I try not to let too many hours go by without at least a peak, just to make sure things are running as they should.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Refugee from the .com
    Array

I was thinking the same thing about vangogh sleeping. I will point out that he does an amazing job with spam. I rarely get to push any buttons because he is so good with his Spidey sense.

And let me say "thank you" to all the members here because you are the reason for our success.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Thanks Steve. I think it's mostly that I check in here frequently throughout the day so I'm the first to see the spam much of the time.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Vangogh is the spam assassin! We're lucky to have him.

It is wonderful how much this forum has grown and what a great resource it has become in such a short time. Thank you to everyone who posts here. We appreciate it.

Array

I think the biggest problem in trying to catch spam comes when you get to the point when you log in that the new posts page is over 1 page, and with each additional page of new posts since your last login, exponentially more difficult. Especially for someone like you Vangogh, who also looks to try and participate in most threads as well.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Array

I like to look at the number from the Members List page because I like to look at the Avatar's. Now, that's what I'm in the habit of checking to see the growth of the forum.

I'll bet a lot of them would come back if they saw the quality and quantity of the posts in the recent couple of weeks.
    Steve B