Thread: PPC Advice (Adwords Promos)

Array

Default PPC Advice (Adwords Promos)

I am a big believer in the art of perfecting PPC with legitimate landing pages/sites. However, I am also fairly new to the PPC scene only effectively using Adwords for about a year or so.

I get promo offers here and there which are awesome, I don't necessarily look for them. When I get a promo offer I apply to my account and it really reduces my monthly expenses when factored in with the CPC.

My question - is it common practice to constantly seek out and apply these offers? Running a few searches I see that they are very common and if there is a way to further save using PPC on regular basis I would definitely want to explore it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by wmwire; 09-10-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    Need Website Maintenance? - Low monthly plans, fast & reliable service

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I don't know that it's common practice, but if the offer is worth more than the time it takes to find them, why not keep looking for them. It sounds like you're happy with them and I'm guessing they're relatively easy to find with a little searching.

Who makes the offers? Is it Google or another company and if another company why are they asking for in return for the promotion?
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Well, I will typically receive a random offer or coupon code from some of my long time service providers for example hosting, also in books I buy, etc. I just hear so much buzz about all these generic coupon codes floating around, similar to how one would use a coupon code for domains.
    Need Website Maintenance? - Low monthly plans, fast & reliable service

And what sums (usually) such coupons cover? To tell the truth, I have never seen ones.
    Custom application development services from Nasty Creatures. We're nasty only to competitors!

You can only apply one promo code to an account typically. If you have a MCC and are a google partner, you will get a stack of these codes. Like we were mailed "Spent $100" get $300 in ad spend on any new account. The biggest way to save money in your PPC account is going to be doing better ppc. If you can post up some more info, maybe I could give some specific advice.

Array

The thing with those offers is that they usually are only good for new accounts. As a Google Partner, I also get a lot of them but they are one time use. Like Sean says, the best way to reduce costs is good PPC optimization. I've been managing PPC campaigns for over 13 years. It's as much art as science but it definitely takes time to learn the subtle details.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

That makes sense that they'd be only for new accounts. I also agree the best way to reduce costs is to optimize your campaigns. If you follow some basic guidelines, track what's happening, and test ads against each other you should be able to pay less for your ads or run more ads for the same price.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals