Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is e-mail marketing dead???

Array

Email marketing is not dead for me. I've run various email campaigns for myself and clients for many years. For sure some campaigns have been duds and yielded little results. But overall, when presented correctly, email campaigns, then and now continue to bring in new prospects and monthly sales for me. I don't see marketing as a one size fits all silver bullet. Some things work better than others for certain products and services, but in general its a comprehensive synergistic carefully thought out approach to online marketing that will win the day.
    CLICK HERE and Go-iMobile with your business today! TAKE ACTION! Don't get left behind!

From what I hear email marketing is still alive and kicking. This is some peoples main source of income.

I think the people who build email lists the right way do well with them. The problem is more businesses don't build their lists or use them well. Email marketing isn't dead. It's just used poorly most of the time.
    I could not have said it better myself.
    Hostgator 1 Cent Coupon
    Hostgator Reseller Coupon
    We Also Carry Discounts for Dreamhost, Bluehost and Hostmonster

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I think people have a tendency to assume email marketing just means spamming people with email. Sadly we all know that a lot of spam is sent to a lot of inboxes. However, that's not the definition of email marketing. There are plenty of things you can offer to entice people to sign up for an email list. Then if you deliver them useful and interesting things through via email and don't flood them with too much, you can make a pitch to get them to sign up for something more. At the very least it provides a mechanism for you to stay in touch with people who've expressed an interest in you or your business.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

IS E-MAIL MARKETING DEAD??????

Nope. Definitely not. People love to declare different marketing tactics is dead, but there's always a way to make it work. You may just need to make adjustments to make it work for you.
    Lorraine Gregory Communications Group - Long Island, NY Marketing Agency

Quote Originally Posted by KristineS View Post
    I don't think e-mail marketing is dead at all.
    That's true! Of course in the extremely competitive environment it's much more difficult to get your receivers read the letters, especially to the very end. But it doesn't mean to give up. Try different techniques, try to find the key and you'll get the result!
    Software Development Company in San Francisco - MobiDev.biz

Registered Member
    Array

The money is in the list. This has always been true, and will always be. I don't ever think email marketing will die!

Array

Email marketing is not dead at all. Of course, like everything, execution matters, but we find email marketing to be wildly successful for quite a few of our clients. Especially service industries with long sales cycles. Email marketing allows us to keep in touch with the prospect, send them case studies, tips, etc, until they're ready to buy. Then when they are, we're front of mind. It reduces the follow up required by sales people, brands the client as an expert in their field, and keeps us in front of the prospect. It's awesome. No, email marketing is definitely not dead.

Definitely not! It is always a good idea to get subscribers from current customers to keep in touch with and offer new information about the company, products and promotion. Make sure you follow all the guides in newsletters according to the spam-act. You can also target customers that are not subscribed to our newsletter yet. If done right you should show returns on the email marketing. It takes time to get it right, but sometimes it will be a success and sometimes it won't show any returns. Don't give up and do not spam! Google has great information of effective email marketing.
    Matthew Beasley + Web Developer
    GROUP1201.COM + Moving small businesses forward!

I've been building and profiting from lists since the first day I started in my businesses in the early 80s.

And I've been buidling those email lists since 1994 when I first jumped online to do business.

Email is the first thing someone sets up and uses when they get an internet account, phone account,
    web account, social account... it IS the common communication channel of all internet users.

I really don't think it's dead at all ... it's how you use it.

Use it better, get better results.

I do.

One other thing, I notice a lot of times it's the "social media gurus" who are selling their products that cry out that email is dead. I'm reluctant to believe those sellers of the new magic button.

As always, my best to you --

Mark Hendricks

Proper email marketing is still alive. Spamming is dead. If we do email marketing in the right way, like providing useful articles/newsletter to our subscribers, it will still be an effective online marketing strategy.
    Read Business and Entrepreneurship Tips and Stories at Entreb.com