Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Play the movie game

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Call It A Day - Anita Louise - Marie Antoinette (1939)

I saw Anita Louise and thought of Tina Louise.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Marie Antoinette => John Barrymore => Romeo and Juliet (1936)

Funny when I read Anita Louise in your chain my first thought was Tina Louise too. I guess we both watched too much Gilligan's Island.

My choices were to class things up. That's why John Barrymore and that's why a movie based on Shakespeare.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Plus, John Barrymore was the one I was referring to in my post because he was also in Twentieth Century. I figured we would get a crossover post sooner or later. It takes a little time to do the research, enter the movie, and then add something for commentary. If someone else is playing at the same time, then the crossover is inevitable.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Romeo and Juliet - Leslie Howard - Pygmalion (1938)

Pygmalion is the play that the musical My Fair Lady is based on. Leslie Howard was also Ashely Wilkes in Gone with the Wind.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Pygmalion => David Tree => Return of the Scarlet Pimpernel (1937)

I had a feeling the next person was going to choose Leslie Howard, but I thought it might lead to Gone with the Wind.

Steve I must have been psychic or maybe I just picked up the cues from your post. It wasn't conscious though.

I thought the name David Tree was simple yet interesting and I left a famous name for the next person in line, though I think his main claims to fame come after his career in the 30s.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Return of the Scarlet Pimpernel - James Mason - Prison Breaker (1936)

This movie has an actor with the same name as the James Bond creator. It's not the same guy, but I thought it was very interesting, and the actor by that name has a lot of 30's flicks.
    Steve Chittenden

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Prison Breaker - Ian Fleming - The Lion Has Wings (1939)

With a name like Ian Fleming, how could I resist picking him? Apparently The Lion Has Wings was the first movie to be completed after the start of the World War II. There's one pretty famous name in it.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

The Lion Has Wings => Merle Oberon => Wuthering Heights (1939)

Wild how we got James Bond into a 30s movie game, even if the connection wasn't quite real.

Lots of big names to choose from in Wuthering Heights.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Wuthering Heights - Laurence Olivier - Perfect Understanding (1933)

Laurence Olivier was married to Vivien Leigh for a while. She, apparently, was pretty nutty.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Perfect Understanding - Gloria Swanson - Tonight or Never (1931)

This one has a famous horror actor that I don't think we've used here yet. I know we used him on the previous game, but sometimes I have trouble keeping track of which ones we have and haven't used here because we used so many there.
    Steve Chittenden