Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Play the movie game

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Mutiny on the Bounty - Dudley Digges - The Invisible Man (1933)

I just couldn't resist the name Dudley Digges.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

The Invisible Man => Claude Rains => The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)

Dudley Digges is a hard one to resist.

The entire Robin Hood legend is one of my favorite stories in all creation. I always loved the movie from the 30s and it's one I'll always stop to watch if I come across it clicking through the channels.

I think I have a think for swashbuckler movies.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

The Adventures of Robin Hood - Basil Rathbone - The Hound of the Baskervilles (1939)

I was never a Robin Hood fan, but I always loved Sherlock Holmes, so I couldn't resist Basil Rathbone.

I think you have a thing for swashbuckler movies too.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

The Hound of the Baskervilles - John Carradine - The Three Musketeers (1939)

Another swashbuckler movie for you vangogh. John Carradine was in a lot of movies (B movies that is), and his name may not be well known now, except that his sons David and Keith are much better known. David is well known for the Kung Fu TV series.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

The Three Musketeers - Gloria Stuart - Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm (1938)

Gloria Stuart played the older Rose character in the movie Titanic. She's been around for along time.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm => Randolph Scott => Supernatural (1933)

Three Muskateers was another story I always enjoyed. I did read most of Alexander Dumas' books including that one.

I have no idea why I went with Supernatural as a movie. Maybe forces larger than myself made me pick it. I did leave whoever picks next with a famous actress who died before her time. She signed her first Hollywood contract at the age of 12.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Supernatural - Carole Lombard - My Man Godfrey (1936)

Carole Lombard was married to Clark Gable. She died in a plane crash while returning for a appearance where she was selling war bonds, if I remember correctly.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Supernatural - Carole Lombard - Twentieth Century (1934)

And this movie has another famous cast member who died the same year, though because of alcoholism rather than an accident. His last name is very famous as it seems the whole family is in show business.
    Steve Chittenden

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Whoops, two choices. I was wondering when that was going to happen.
    Steve Chittenden

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

My Man Godfrey => Alice Brady => Call it a Day (1937)

Alice Brady for the obvious Brady Bunch connection even if Alice wasn't technically a Brady. Call it a Day, because I'm tired and would like to call it a day. Not going to happen, but still it would be nice.

With more than 2 of us playing again it was bound to happen that two of us would post at the same time. I just chose the first movie since it was the first one.