Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Play the movie game

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Carefree - Jack Carson - Crashing Hollywood (1938)

I think it might prove a greater challenge to not repeat actors or movies with the new pace of this game. One suggestion I would make is before posting a movie, try to be sure it leaves a decent selection of choices to keep us in the 1930's. I don't think that's a problem so far, but it's worth mentioning just in case.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Crashing Hollywood => George Irving => Captain January (1936)

I agree Steve. The old game had gotten down to just the two of us so we didn't need to announce what we were doing so much or repost rules.

We have been trying to leave the next person with a movie that has a good selection of choices in actors so we can connect things to another 1930s movie easily. That's part of the challenge, though it's not too hard.

So I left the next person with a certain curly haired tap dancing cherub and a country bumpkin who discovered Texas Tea (oil that is) on his property and our tvs in the 60s
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Captain January - Guy Kibbee - Captain Blood (1935)

Well I left the next player with Errol Flynn or Olivia De Havilland. I expect someone can do something with that.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Captain Blood - Olivia de Havilland - It's Love I'm After (1937)

I went with Olivia since, as vangogh and I discussed in the other game, she is the only principal cast member of Gone With the Wind still living (just turned 98 on July 1). Since we already used that movie, I chose It's Love I'm After which has some famous names, one of which is still very well known.
    Steve Chittenden

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

It's Love I'm After - Bette Davis - Dark Victory (1939)

Dark Victory has a former president in it. There are also some other famous names.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Dark Victory => Ronald Reagan => Cowboy from Brooklyn (1938)

I'm pretty sure Reagan's name never came up during the old game and being from Brooklyn myself I couldn't resist the movie title.

There's at least one other name that seems like she should be somewhat known based on the way my movie db displays her. The name is a little familiar to me, but I can't really place her. I did check and she has some other 30s movies so I know we can continue the chain.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Cowboy from Brooklyn - Ann Sheridan - Car 99 (1935)

Plenty of names to choose from here, and at least one is very well known, but I recognized several names. I'm sure you're right that we never used Reagan's name in the other movie game, but we also knew that we had a long way to go to mention all the names that were either famous, or famous back then.

As we had talked about on that other thread, there are a LOT of these names from 30's flicks that were more known to us for characters they played in TV shows, especially shows of the 50's, 60's, 70's and even beyond. And Car 99 is loaded with some of those kind of names.
    Steve Chittenden

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Car 99 - Fred McMurray - Sing You Sinners (1938)

This one has lots of famous musical people in it. So the next player should have lots of choices.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Sing You Sinners => Bing Crosby => Reaching for the Moon (1930)

Steve if we weren't sticking in the 30s we could have run through all the Road to movies again.

Reaching for the Moon has at least one very big name. We used him on the other board, but not yet here.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Reaching for the Moon - Edward Everett Horton - Bluebeards 8th Wife (1938)

There are some pretty big names in this one too. It should be easy for the next player.