Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Automatic would you make you blog?

Array

This is me touch typing, i think i have worked out that the best that i can do is about 80 words a minute when i am typing my thoughts directly, and there is still some spelling that i have to fix up, so adjusted it probably more like 50 words a minute .
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Clear as day. Have you ever thought of getting a job as an administrative assistant?
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

No Because i type that fast and still manage to hit backspace about 20 times a minute. So if i was to go and do the test to certify that speed it would be much lower.

Also i think that i would get completely bored doing that sort of job. Not to mention it does not pay that great. Funny enough though the job i have at the moment, comes under a Clerical Award. Even though there is little if anything to do with admin or clerical duties in it.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

I took typing in high school back in the early 70's when it wasn't really a macho thing to do. Class full of girls so it worked out well. It wasn't until after college that the Apple II came out and I started to need to type. Who was to know that it would end up being an important skill.

Array

I think being able to type well, as well as quickly, is very important not even just for admin type jobs. If i was not able to type as well as i do, i do not think that i would spend as much time on forums, replying and also would probably not have gained much interest in blogging as i would have to spend a lot more time writing, and would probably spend more of that time trying to remember the different points that i want to convey.

The funny thing is that one of my previous coworkers, believed that guys should not be able to type above the skill of just using two fingers and pointing at the keys you want to type, in fact quiet a slow way. The one thing that i have found is that while in highschool we were told always return to the home row and over the asdf jkl; keys i am more prone to just hover my hands of the keyboard and just from so much practice 98% of the time hit the right mark.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

My wife types with just a couple of fingers - certainly not the way I was taught and she's really fast. But she reads incredibly fast as well. Maybe they are related.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Joel the admin job was meant more as a joke for Dave (seolman) after his wonderful display of his touch typing skills.

I took a typing class my senior year of high school, but I still touch type. I do know where all the keys are so I don't have to look down while I type, but I know I could be faster. I can probably type around 40 -50 words a minute, which isn't too fast, but still faster than many.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I took typing in high school, but don't remember much about it. The teacher was the coach of the basketball team or football team or something like that, and we didn't learn much.

I've taken clerical typing tests and I score pretty high, but I think most of my typing speed is attributable to the fact I type so much. I don't think I could write anything of any length longhand anymore. I'm so used to typing now.

Array

Ahh sorry Vangogh, did not think of it that way.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I think we were posting at the same time. When I started I was right after Dave's comment. It was easy to think I meant you once your post showed up.