Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Facebook Ads & Adwords

Array

But how much is a "Like" actually worth? What's the ROI for a "Like"? You know the direct cost, but what's the revenue part?

"Eyeballs" are not money.
    Low-Cost Total Compensation Statements - No minimums, no setup costs.
    Going to Disney World for Vacation? Rent One Of Our Vacation Homes

Array

I'm a big believer that you must stick with your strengths. If your strength isn't PPC advertising, you must do one of two things. Take a training course or hire someone. I get the same story all the time. "I've been running ads for some time and getting poor results." Once I start asking about match types and campaign architecture, bid management etc, their eyes gloss over.

I say this only to point out that there's an information gap in this equation. A properly setup and well-optimized campaign can normally drive a positive ROI. The instances in my career where that hasn't been the case was for very high ticket $500+ items which normally lead to phone calls...not that the PPC didn't drive the call and deserves credit, but that's a story for another day.

Bottom line, you need to hire a competent PPC expert to at the very least audit your campaign to see what you've done. It sounds like it's worth it to pay some consulting hours to learn what you can do better or to get trained up to continue on your own. Either way, hope it works out!

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarkFSimmons
    I'm a big believer that you must stick with your strengths.
    Good advice, though I think there's another side to it. You can also work to strengthen your weaknesses. There are plenty of things I do well now that were not strengths at one point. I think it's a good idea to both play to your strengths and work to improve weaknesses.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

In my 10+ years managing Adwords campaigns for clients big and small, I've only seen campaigns fail 10% of the time. Typically the reason why campaigns fail is because they're improperly setup and mis-managed. PPC is an art form and it takes experience to not only be able to efficiently manage the campaign but to anticipate issues that may arise before it happens. This is what saves you money that would otherwise be wasted from the start.

You can make arguments that click prices have risen as more competitors enter the space, but the reality is that a properly managed campaign is usually able to at least break even. A well-managed campaign returns a positive ROI. You then also have to look at your business process. For example, if you're generating leads and then you don't follow up - don't blame Adwords...

Facebook is whole different animal because people don't go to FB to buy. They do search for products and services on Google. It's a different mindset. FB has always been hot or miss but there are certain things you can do to maxmize your budget and properly take advantage of what FB has to offer. It's very product/service dependent.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by SimplePhoneCo View Post
    I think if you have an easy message and you have brand recognition or product recognition, then the facebook ads are worth it. But if you are not a generic product that is well known, it isn't really worth it. I would try to build your likes on Facebook page and get people who are interested in your product, and then advertise to them at no cost. Google ad words is a good tool, helps SEO.
    I'm sorry, but Google Adwords does not help SEO, directly. It's a great complement as you can supplement the traffic you're unable to gain from the organic side with paid keywords, but Adwords doesn't directly add value to your SEO efforts.

Array

We use Google Adwords and do very well with it. But then were are a localized service company so our market area is very pointed. I tried the Facebook ads once, but didn't get anything from that so we ended it quickly. I know national campaigns can get very expensive depending upon the niche.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by ProLectric View Post
    We use Google Adwords and do very well with it. But then were are a localized service company so our market area is very pointed. I tried the Facebook ads once, but didn't get anything from that so we ended it quickly. I know national campaigns can get very expensive depending upon the niche.
    Absolutely. Highly targeted campaigns can be run pretty effectively. As you grow and expand, it's gets to be more complex and thus challenging.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by vangogh View Post
    Good advice, though I think there's another side to it. You can also work to strengthen your weaknesses. There are plenty of things I do well now that were not strengths at one point. I think it's a good idea to both play to your strengths and work to improve weaknesses.
    Not going to argue that. The question is, as a business owner, does it make sense to learn marketing, law,, accounting, etc. No, you hire professionals so you can focus on managing and growing your business. I can learn tax code, but I have no desire and know that even if I do, I'll miss things due to lack of experience. That's all I'm saying. What's the best use of time?

I do believe both Facebook Ads and Adwords are good advertising venues. If you have not had the return you've hoped for, I'd advise you to start over with a slightly different approach, maybe even more interesting angle than before and see how that works for you. Or you might want to give AdRoll, 7Search or InfoLinks a try.
    WPamplify helps small businesses amplify their WordPress websites by combining SEO, blogging, lead generation and Webmaster support.