Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook Ads & Adwords

Array

Default Facebook Ads & Adwords

I've wasted a lot of money/received minimal return of both Facebook Ads and Google Adwords.
    But...
    I get a decent amount of business through organic Google searches & (free) posting/friend's postings on Facebook.

Anyone else in the same boat?
    Matt Cockrum
    Owner/Designer
    The Logo-Mat

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I'm not a big advertiser on either, but I do think you can get a return advertising through both AdWords and Facebook. I think most of the time when people don't it has a lot to do with not using either service as well as can be used. A lot of people just set up some quick ads, but you really need to put in some time targeting the ads and optimizing them.

For example with AdWords you want to organize the keywords you bid on around different themes writing different ads for each theme. You also want to be testing multiple ads against each other to see which performs best. When you've collected enough data to declare one ad the winner, replace the other ad with another that tests something else in the ad. With some keywords you might want the broader matching and with some you want to target the ads more specifically. If some phrases don't deliver replace them with other phrases. There's lots you can do, but unless you continue to optimize the account you probably won't have much success.

I'm not as familiar with Facebook's advertising system, but I expect it's similar in that you need to keep tweaking and optimizing in order to improve your return.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Both tech. are very good and you can get result instantly. If your campaign fail in adword then don't worry just pause this and restart with new and this time do some research about keyword, targeted location and who is your customers. Best of luck...

Array

For one of my businesses, after wasting nearly 3 years of money on Adwords, I turned it off and organic search results driven by reviews and press releases has done really well for us. Another business relies on Adwords, because the market for that business is very competitive with a lot of alternatives in my local market, so getting noticed takes a little money.

I haven't done anything with Facebook ads, just because Facebook is consumer-oriented and none of my businesses would benefit from spending money in that market, but I work with a couple of dating sites who get great traction from it.

So... as with all marketing... it depends on what your business is and who your best potential client is and where will those clients look for someone like you.
    Low-Cost Total Compensation Statements - No minimums, no setup costs.
    Going to Disney World for Vacation? Rent One Of Our Vacation Homes

Array

I think that Adwords can work for most people if it's used correctly. If you just set it up and then let it run without any optimization, you'll probably waste your money. But if you're testing- Seeing what text, headlines, destinations URLs, keywords are best converting, then you'll see better results. If after all of that, it's still not working, I'd spend my money elsewhere.

I've seen some success with Facebook Ads but I find they're more effective at gaining FB fans than conversions directly (but if you have a decent FB fan value, this may be worth it to you).

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thelogo-mat View Post
    I've wasted a lot of money/received minimal return of both Facebook Ads and Google Adwords.
    But...
    I get a decent amount of business through organic Google searches & (free) posting/friend's postings on Facebook.

Anyone else in the same boat?
    I've seen both work well. Not for me, but I've seen others do well with them.
    My opinion? I'm just not doing it correctly and haven't figured out the right formula that works for me.

Array

Organic results though will require you much effort and time. While in Adwords or in any paid advertisements, it will require you a lot of strategies and money for your ads to be effective. IMHO, Adwords are way effective than Facebook Ads. It just that you need a lot of knowledge in choosing the right keywords, title for your ads, and proper competitor research in doing so.
    Your daily dose of legal news in California:
    TWITTER:@MesrianiLaw | FACEBOOK:Mesriani Law Group | GOOGLE+ LOCAL: +Mesriani Law Group

Array

Quote Originally Posted by dianecoleen View Post
    Organic results though will require you much effort and time. While in Adwords or in any paid advertisements, it will require you a lot of strategies and money for your ads to be effective. IMHO, Adwords are way effective than Facebook Ads. It just that you need a lot of knowledge in choosing the right keywords, title for your ads, and proper competitor research in doing so.
    100% agree with you! SEO will bring more stable results, while ads are momentary, Facebook work well for B2C business, but not for B2B.

Array

I use adwords to fill in the gaps in my SEO. My SEO is optimized to bring in traffic for my most relevant keyword phrases, advertising fills in the other areas.

I find it hard to understand how you can both spend a great deal of money and not get any results. Adwords is a PPC advertisement. So if you are bidding $0.60 per click, you will be charged $0.60 times the number of people that click on the ad. I suspect that you mean you are not getting the results for the traffic that you expect. If that is the case, you need to review the keywords that you are bidding on and the landing page used for the ads. Also make sure that the text of your ad applies landing page. If it applies, you may also need to setup geographic filters so that the ads are only displayed in your area.

In general Adwords is a good product. You decide the amount you want to spend each month and it will send you (Amount per month)/(Bid Amount) number of visitors.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

We've not had much success with Google ads, but Facebook ads have worked well for us. Our company sells to garment decoration businesses and a great number of those are on Facebook and were already fans of our page, so the ads spoke directly to our target audience. Facebook offers some nice targeting options too.

As with any type of marketing, knowing where your market is would be a key component in a successful strategy. In our case, we already knew our target customers were on Facebook, so it was a natural advertising venue for us.