Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Facebook Ads & Adwords

Array

Quote Originally Posted by vangogh View Post
    I'm not really following your logic. You suggest a better quality score will make your PPC campaign better, which I agree with, but that's not seo. That's part of the PPC campaign. Where's the seo connection? Just trying to understand.
    I think that PPC campaigns often times get lumped in to SEO. I think part of the reason is the term search engine marketing (SEM) includes both SEO and paid search engine advertising. It can all get very confusing...
    Lorraine Gregory Communications Group - Long Island, NY Marketing Agency

Registered Member
    Array

If you post some information about your campaigns either on Google or Facebook I would be able to help you.

Which keywords were you going after?
    What target areas?
    What CTR did you have?
    How was your lander converting?
    Did you test multiple LPs or versions of the same LP?
    What kind of data did your tracker tell you?

And so on..

Facebook Ads are bad from small businesses, Adwords can work if you are in a niche business or you have a big business - organic is always more effective, but harder to achieve without professional insight. There are tons of ways to build website traffic though.
    My website: WebsiteOp

Array

Quote Originally Posted by websiteop View Post
    Facebook Ads are bad from small businesses, Adwords can work if you are in a niche business or you have a big business - organic is always more effective, but harder to achieve without professional insight. There are tons of ways to build website traffic though.
    I would disagree with this. I generally disagree with any absolutes when it comes to marketing. But I think Facebook and adwords can work for small businesses (I'm living proof that it can work!).

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I don't like absolutes when it comes to marketing either.
    I have been reading a few articles about how Facebook pages are not the new frontier of ecommerce that big brands were predicting just 2 years ago, but that Social Media as a whole is still a valuable communication tool for businesses in general.

Seems to me that the hype, and punditry is settling down and we are finally starting to see what it's good for, rather than 2 years ago when we were predicting that it would be the new wheel.

If there is one thing I've learned from watching this business is that the "next hot thing" in marketing is rarely predicted and most things that are predicted and bandwagoned, flop.
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 08-06-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Mansfield View Post
    Seems to me that the hype, and punditry is settling down and we are finally starting to see what it's good for, rather than 2 years ago when we were prediciting that it would be the new wheel.
    Agree. I read somewhere (perhaps it was on this forum) that many companies are rethinking social media ROI. Rather than looking at traditional metrics like dollars, they're instead starting look at interaction and social fan sentiment.

Array

many companies are rethinking social media ROI. Rather than looking at traditional metrics like dollars, they're instead starting look at interaction and social fan sentiment.
    Remember those bygone days only a little over 10 years ago when internet start-ups were being given absurd valuations because investors started measuring those companies by the number of "eyeballs" they had each month instead of the bottom line dollars? How'd that work out?

If you aren't measuring your company activities by the revenue it generates, you might as well be doing non-profit charity work instead of spending time on Twitter.
    Low-Cost Total Compensation Statements - No minimums, no setup costs.
    Going to Disney World for Vacation? Rent One Of Our Vacation Homes

Quote Originally Posted by websiteop View Post
    Facebook Ads are bad from small businesses
    I know of several small businesses with measurable ROI on Facebook ads. I know of one brick and mortar store that now pulls regular customers from another geographic market.
    || VMdoh - Drupal development, consulting, and support

Array

Using Google Adwords is like investing in the stock market - you can earn or lose a lot of money depending on how well you do it. Google used to say "start advertising in 5 min or less" but the truth is that is exactly why many people lose money with it.

I advise you to contact Google Adwords professionals and get their specific feedback on your Adwords account - they will look at what you did and tell you exactly why you were losing money (this consultation should be 100% free).

Bottom line is that Google Adwords can be very effective if done correctly (and if your site is good - because even if you bring the best traffic in the world to the worst site you wont earn money).

Disclosure: I am a Google Adowrds professional but honestly feel free to reach out to any professional for feedback and advise and to understand what your website's potential is with Google Adwords.

[Removed. Please set up a signature for yourself]
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 08-08-2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Solicitation/Self Promotion

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yaelconsulting
    Using Google Adwords is like investing in the stock market - you can earn or lose a lot of money depending on how well you do it.
    That's a good quote. It's true beyond AdWords too. AdWords, FaceBook Ads, seo, radio spots, whatever are all just different ways to reach people. Each also has different ways to make the system work for you. Assuming the people you want to reach are there any of these channels can work for you. Part of the trick in choosing where to market is figuring out where you skills match best.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals