Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: trade mark and someone stealing your website name

Array

Quote Originally Posted by thewebwriter View Post
    Report them to BBB. They are showing a BBB logo without the link. I think that is a legal infringement. Get the BBB to chase them.
    Good point...but probably won't have much of an effect...

If you wanted to pursue this I would look at the following from the BBB Code of Business Practices:
    2. Advertise Honestly
    Adhere to established standards of advertising and selling.
    An accredited business or organization agrees to:
    A. Follow federal, state/provincial and local advertising laws.

B. Abide by the BBB Code of Advertising. Supply, upon request, substantiation for advertising and selling claims. Correct advertising and selling practices, when recommended by BBB.

C. Adhere to applicable BBB industry codes of advertising.

D. Cooperate with BBB self-regulatory programs for the resolution of advertising disputes.

E. Use the BBB name and logos in accordance with BBB policy.

F. Avoid misleading customers by creating the false impression of sponsorship, endorsement, popularity, trustworthiness, product quality or business size through the misuse of logos, trustmarks, pictures, testimonials, or other means.

3. Tell the Truth
    Honestly represent products and services, including clear and adequate disclosures of all material terms.

A. Make known all material facts in both written and verbal representations, remembering that misrepresentation may result not only from direct statements but by omitting or obscuring relevant facts.

B. Ensure that any written materials are readily available, clear, accurate and complete.

4. Be Transparent
    Openly identify the nature, location, and ownership of the business
    , and clearly disclose all policies, guarantees and procedures that bear on a customer’s decision to buy.

A. Upon request, provide BBB with all information required to evaluate compliance with BBB standards. This may include, but is not limited to business name, address and contact information; names and background of principals; business and banking references; licensing and/or professional accreditation; and a complete description of the nature of the business.

B. Clearly disclose to customers:

direct and effective means to contact the business
    terms of any written contract
    any guarantees or warranties accompanying a product
    any restrictions or limitations imposed (e.g. limited supply,maximum number available per customer)
    the business’ return/refund policy
    any recurring commitment into which the customer may be entering, including information on how future billing will occur
    total cost of the transaction, including tax, shipping and handling, and other related charges

C. If selling products or providing services on Web sites or via other electronic means:

provide any required product labeling information
    disclose the nature and terms of shipping, including any known delays or shortages of stock
    provide an opportunity to review and confirm the transaction before the sale is completed
    provide a receipt summarizing the transaction after the purchase
    As far as the logo itself, they don't appear to be using the approved logo, do not have a reference to the additional name and are not linking to their BBB Page properly:
    Simply, adding the logo to your website is not acceptable. Because a company’s website is an extension of their offline operation, BBB will approve companies’ use of the seal online when it has been determined that they meet all standards. The approved Accredited Business seal for use online will and must link to the company’s BBB Reliability Report.

Array

Although their-Name.com is accredited, the site that is in dispute is not. I think that is enough to warrant BBB checking it.

Array

sure i can play the BBB game

i can poke him .....which will probably make him dig in his heels more

or i can scare him and MAKE him change it or pay $1,000-2000

i doubt the BBB scares anyone...thanks for advice though