Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: hiring a new web designer/marketer

Array

Quote Originally Posted by cbscreative View Post
    John, first a belated welcome.

Next, it's a perception issue that those of us in web design have dealt with since shortly after the dawn of web design. It's exceptionally easy to get started in web design and the only accountability is if you can stay in business. With WordPress being so easy to learn that almost anyone can, the market is even more flooded with web designers. That's not inherently bad, everyone willing to learn the trade is very welcome, even needed.

The problem comes in when this flood of web designers create an unfair stigma on the trade as a whole. There are a lot of people who think all web designers are the same. The problem is significant enough that anyone wishing to be a web designer better be willing to let that roll off their back. Many of the situations huggy has faced with this project are typical of the web designers who fuel the negative perception against the trade. To remain silent about that isn't much different than advocating that clients should expect this as an acceptable standard among web designers.

Many of the issues huggy has shared are anything but acceptable. Clients hiring a web designer should be able to expect professionalism. This thread has not shown any evidence that huggy is getting that.
    Thanks, that makes perfect sense and I completely agree about the low standards in this biz. You reframed how I viewed this thread so thanks for that!

Array

woz looked at my website before she went on vacation...she gave it a 8/10 and said it was professional.....I have made tons of text changes and want to add more pics, so im sure it will be a 9/10 when my changes have been done

the designer hasn't replied to my email....so I don't know whether he's doing my changes quickly or blowing me off.....if I don't receive a new updated/complete website by Friday ill assume its over and start shopping for a new designer

Looks like I'm late to the party. If you need traffic, I would advise you to look at different SEO services. Too cheap and it's blackhat spam, too expensive and it's most likely outsourced so the middleman makes a cut.
    Smartlink Solutions. SEO service

Array

Well its the 12-1-13....and I don't have a website

the designer has been making updates all last week....the website is pretty much done except for changing a couple of pictures

looks like he didn't work Friday, so im hoping to see something tomorrow...tomorrow night he gets a phone call if it isn't there

im so close and im happy with the result overall.....it would really hurt to drop it right now

it was nice to see results for once.....I ended up taking some photo's myself.....my wife enjoyed being on the website playing my customer...my 8 year old took 1 of the photo's and its decent
    Last edited by huggytree; 12-01-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Drumroll... After all this we look forward to seeing it.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Array

its probably HOURS away now......saw the latest changes today.....it has a couple of photo changes that need to be made, but I wont have them until the end of the week....I have a few good photo jobs coming up thurs/Friday

im trying to get it live tomorrow as is

I compared my old with the new.....I think its a dramatic change