Thread: Say Hello to Broudie!

Array

Default Say Hello to Broudie!

Hi folks, I've been looking for people of similar bent - people trying to grow their business, share and learn from experiences - for years now and now it seems to me that old-fashioned forums are still the way to go.

I've been running a business part time from a spare bedroom since around 2007. I design and (contract to) manufacture the following types of goods:

- "fitted luggage" for roadsters (roadtripluggage.com)
    - Apple accessories for products like the iPad and Macbook (gotabletstore.com)

Right now I have designed and produced around 40 SKUs. I sell these products on my own stores (see above), as well as on Ebay, Amazon, and I sell wholesale or dropship for some customers as well)

You can check out my Facebook page or my twitter feed to get a feel of the stuff that I design and manufacture. My products have so far been fairly unique, so I don't much suffer the pressure of competition.

I have no employees, contracting out most other stuff like manufacturing, importation, order fulfillment, call centers, product photography and the like to other folks, while I handle product development, sales and marketing, and finances. This is of course on top of my day job as an IT consultant.

On this forum I'd love to learn how to expand my business, and at the same time share some of the knowledge I've gained in the last couple of years.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Broudie. We're definitely looking to grow, share, and learn so I think you found the right place. That's great that you don't face a lot of competition now, though keep in mind that may not be true tomorrow. It's good that you have the market lead. Don't let someone else take it from you.

Glad to have you here and thanks for joining the community.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Hey Broudie, welcome to the forum.

Hello & Welcome Broudie.

Perfect place to share & learn great ideas.
    Ozetel Pty Ltd - Australian Retail Telecommunications
    1800 Numbers
    1300 Numbers

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum.