Thread: freeze drying facility?

Default freeze drying facility?

I represent a company that is looking for a small freeze drying plant. This company produces a roasted herbal coffee substitute and wants to find a small business that could turn that product into "instant" coffee substitute. Do you know of such a plant in the lower 48?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I don't know of any specifically, but a quick search for "freeze drying facilities united states" showed plenty of results. Substitute plants for facilities and there are 3 times as many results. There were also results for freeze drying machines and freeze drying machines for sale. It didn't seem like it would be too hard to find something the company you represent is looking for. A few of the top results are located here in the states too.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Thanks, vangogh

Yes, I have Googled several phrases. What I find is: they are not in the USA; or they don't process small quantities; or they want to sell us the equipment; or they process only their own products; or they don't process our type of product. So, I thought I would try another approach and see if I could find a small business [through this forum] that was looking for this kind of customer. It has been a frustrating search.

Array

Out of curiosity, why not purchase the equipment and handle the processing in house? When setup properly, this is usually more cost effective than outsourcing for low volumes.
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I noticed some results to purchase the machinery and wondered the same thing. Can't say I have any idea of the costs of each approach though or what's involved in doing the freeze drying yourself.

@Alice3 - Have you had any more luck? Maybe it'll just take a lot of searching and making contact, but I would think you'll be able to find someone. I certainly hope so.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals