Thread: New to forum

Default New to forum

I posted a thread before introducing myself so dont harass me lol.

Ive been in the masonry construction trade for 20yrs and with the slow economy and pay cuts to my income I decided back in Oct 2012 to start a part-time Chimney Sweep business. I did everything legally to start it up and since Oct ive made close to 8k. I know its not a lot but im happy to have started something one day and get that extra income to add to my yearly.

I get 90% of my calls from yelp and 10% from craigslist
    Yelp is where most calls come from.

I have a lot of background w the chimney business so it helps obviously.
    Im debating on other forms of advertising but right now I want to prep for the fall/winter of 2013 as 2012 treated me nice for the business I did have.
    I work my jobs occasionally after my reg job and usually can clean 1 before darkness hits. Ive worked both sats and sundays and weekends ive made up to 1500-2k.

This is my small business and now I need to make the best of it while being smart about it. I dont want Uncle Sam screwing me over on sonething that im trying to get ahead doing.

Congratulation. You are a fighter. The best thing is, you respect your work. Good luck.
    Learn how to make money online with work at home jobs - click here

Yes I enjoy my work

Array

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Jeffery. Sounds like the business is off to a pretty good start. That's great that Yelp can drive so much business. I would start marketing through other channels. You generally don't want one source being so responsible for your success. You never know when something changes there.

Thanks for joining the community.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals