Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Do you Think of the Mojave Experiment?

Array

You're right, Steve. I was muddling with the head-to-head of the Big 3 at that time forgetting that IBM actually broke it open in 1981.

Thank you for refocusing me.

Paul

Refugee from the .com
    Array

No problem. Although I was "there" at that time, I could have cared less about the computing world at the time. I find it interesting now, but wanted to verify what you were referring to.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

I didn't think much of the promotion. So what if people like your product when they don't know it's your product? This kind of research is not actionable, unless they're planning to sell Vista under another brand name. Or in a brown paper bag.

That site pushed another one of my buttons. I find white text on a black background hard to read. So much so, I usually navigate away from such a site, unless it has some content that I have to read.

Black backgrounds look cool, and they make images pop. But they're lousy for text.

Back to the original question. I remember reading a story in the NY Times about how Microsoft knew about Vista's problems while it was in development. Partner companies like Dell told MS about Vista's issues, too. MS went ahead with the launch anyway, and the rest, as they say, is history.
    Access Communications
    Digital Marketing, Content Creation and Web Development
    Winner, MarCom Gold Award 2012