Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do business owners think?

Array

I think I kind of understand what Ren is saying as my business does something (perhaps) similar. I am a business consultant that has a membership based organization (like Chamber of Commerce type...). With membership in the organization, you get access to programs for either FREE or at a discount. You are able to buy products and services from other members at a discount (this helps both parties as it provides sales funnel for some and ability to buy for others), you get listed in a membership directory that goes out to hundreds of businesses, and so forth. Is this what you're talking about Ren? And for the others of you out there, does this model make sense to you?

Banned
    Array

Smallbizjunnkie,

Your model is very similar to what I was talking about. I was very interested in the concept. Has this business plan worked for you? As far as what everyone else is saying, I understand but I guess I was looking at it from another angle. I've moved on from the idea but was toying with it and wanted to look into what people thought. Ironically, as I started learning web design to build the website, I discovered it was something I really enjoyed doing and have focused a lot of effort on that since. Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Array

I've had this model for 30 + years. It was a tad more successful when I lived in a large city. Now, that I live in a much smaller town, it's taking a while to get people acclimated to it. You also have to be careful to not alienate the other organizations around like the chambers, etc.
    Nancy Becher, Chief Everything Officer
    Business Success Unlimited -- where we help business connect | Collaborate | SUCCEED
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/bsuconnector LinkedIn: http://linkedin/in/nancybecher

I think open source mentality will work here; if you give product free with basic tested but not with all features so end user come to you and pay for customization and support.
    Leave it if I make chocolate and want to start marketing what I need to do? This marketing strategy will work with every way of marketing either you do online or offline..!
    1st I need to find some place and time where people is little hunger.
    school, subway stations, platforms
    2nd what I need to offer
    I will open my chocolate wrapper and give it free and give promo coupons; If you buy packet of chocolates you will get some discount..!
    Your new product need some branding as well so 1st time should be the free.