Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adwords and seo advice

Registered Member
    Array

Default Adwords and seo advice

Hi everyone,

My company has relatively recently dipped our toes into the world of SEO.

I want to know and start a discussion about Google adwords best practices.

I'll start with these:

1. "with all the statistics from a year on google adwords, what are your tips for locating and rating which keywords are performing the best?"

2. "what quick tips does anyone have regarding keyword pay per click strategies?"

Array

I wrote this a few years back and it still applies:

Success with Adwords
    Low-Cost Total Compensation Statements - No minimums, no setup costs.
    Going to Disney World for Vacation? Rent One Of Our Vacation Homes

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancier View Post
    I wrote this a few years back and it still applies:

Success with Adwords
    That page has an ad over the text in Firefox running on Linux. Just FYI

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Computer Conquest View Post
    Hi everyone,

My company has relatively recently dipped our toes into the world of SEO.

I want to know and start a discussion about Google adwords best practices.

I'll start with these:

1. "with all the statistics from a year on google adwords, what are your tips for locating and rating which keywords are performing the best?"

2. "what quick tips does anyone have regarding keyword pay per click strategies?"
    I think you'll have to analyze and sort out the most targeted and competitive keyword that your website is catering.
    Then from sorting out, decide to what keywords you'll be focusing. For example, if your website just cater in Los Angeles, then you will just be specific and choose the KW Los Angeles instead of California. This will lessen the chance of you getting low click through rate and possibly give you an advantage to get clients in the future.
    Also you need to add a more enticing and true call to action for you to engage your customer. Hope this helps.
    Your daily dose of legal news in California:
    TWITTER:@MesrianiLaw | FACEBOOK:Mesriani Law Group | GOOGLE+ LOCAL: +Mesriani Law Group

Just in respect to keywords, your site stats will give you the best positive and negative keywords. You refine that over time.

Best advice would be to start small. Most common mistake is people blow through huge amounts and get despondent very quickly. My tips:

1. Start with small budget
    2. Don't go after the most popular and competitive keywords. Go after the "tail" those are keywords that aren't the most popular but sum of less popular keywords , i.e. "tail" often add up to being more than most popular.
    3. That means you will be laying less per click
    4. Make sure you have a landing page that can capture those new visitors email. You want something in return for those click throughs. Hoping they will buy or comeback doesn't work over long term. You need to capture their info, so you can follow up.
    5. Try FACEBOOK ads. You can target ads a lot more effectively than Google adwords in my opinion. And you can also set your budget to "impressions" rather than "click" which ends up being better value.

If you personal message me, I can send you a Google adwords voucher too of $100, I have a whole heap of them. And that applies to EVERYONE who reads this.

Good luck.
    Kenneth Todd - Founder Gaia Media Group
    Online Solutions for Small Business

When people think of Adwords they think of Google, Google is a very success company and I have had a lot of outstanding success with Adwords. With my professional experience Adwords is the most expensive ppc advertising you can do at this time. I would recommend Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/advertising ) you can target groups of people by age, gender and even exact location all the way down to the city. With the correct utilization it is a no brainier.

Registered Member
    Array

I have a facebook page. However, it is in its infancy as our product is still in the beta phase. Feel free to tell me what you think! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rummage/114074738746447

We have been using adwords to help with our keywords. However I still have difficulty shifting our visitors from PPC campaigns to natural/organic keyword searches. Currently we do not have enough traffic to our site for me to get accurate information on what are the best organic search terms we can incorporate into our Campaigns and webpages.

any tips?

I can't comment on Facebook, but I've used Adwords to find positive and negative keywords. Write a specific ad for that purpose and monitor your stats. Then do more ads.

Couple of Tips:

1. Your FB page looks good and I like the way your cover photo highlight what you do.
    2. If you do PPC, make sure you are capturing those clicks on a page where they give you their email address, i.e. landing page - you want to get something from your PPC
    3. Organic search takes times. To get the right keywords you need to do keyword research. You can't wait until you get more traffic to find that out. You need the right keywords to get you the traffic.
    4. Use multiple channels to get traffic, Website, Blog, Video, Social Media, Directories etc.

Hope that helps
    Kenneth
    Kenneth Todd - Founder Gaia Media Group
    Online Solutions for Small Business