Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Did You Find The Blogs You Read?

I don't subscribe to any blogs, I usually just search Google. However, taking a look at successful blogs I think it's all about making those connections. It would be hard to compete via SEO with the amount of blogs out there, so maybe social media would be your best bet! By any means, I'd Google it and see what you can learn!

I think these days most bloggers search engine optimize their blogs and also promote them on social media. Most of the blogs that I follow, I found them on social media channels like Facebook or Twitter. I also occasionally use Google when I'm searching for specific types of blogs e.g. travel blogs

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Just an update from when this post was started.

Increasingly I lean more towards podcasts and You Tube channels these days. I find new ones to listen to or blogs to read from the ones I already read/follow, and on Twitter when they post something from a good source. The more I learn the more I see.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I don't think my way to find new blogs, podcasts, etc. has changed much over the years. I search to find new ones based on a topic, find a few I like and then follow their recommendations. I always add new blogs when I come across one I think I might like and periodically I unsubscribe from those that I didn't care for that much over time or because my interests have changed.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

I find myself increasingly using YouTube too, but not podcasts for some reason. I've tried podcasts of publications like social media examiner etc, but they're usually too long and I've found it much more convenient to just read through their transcript.

I always google for tips and tricks and the majority of time the results will point to a blog post. Of course I click around a bit, and if it seems interesting, I will click the subscribe button!
    These pretzels are making me thirsty.

I usually find blogs when I'm looking something up. I end up finding most of them through articles or in forums. Usually if the title is catchy enough or if I'm drawn to the content I'll click around and find other blogs.

I might be wrong, but someone was telling me about an app called Hubhopper which gives you news and content on all kinds of topics together in one place – you just have to choose what your interests and your favourite publishers. It doesn't hurt to give it a try

Array

I'm pretty old school and still use RSS to read blogs regularly. I usually add mine organically such as when I am searching for information online and stumble across a blog that I really like. I use Feedly to manage my RSS feeds and they have some really good discovery tools build in so I also use that quite a bit.
    Problem Solver @ ITgeniq
    Want to follow along as I document ways for small businesses to save $ on their IT? Check it out here!