Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Your Gigs... Do Clients Want Sales or SEO?

  1. #11
    Registered Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    42

    Default

    If SEO is done right and the website is promoted for the right keywords, then yes the SEO will increase sales. If the website is not optimized and sales ready ( I guess I should say a new term SALE OPTIMIZATION) then whatever traffic they receive on the website won't matter.
    All the people asking for SEO are really looking to make money, so one way or another, it's all about the sales.
    Sales and sales and making money, and they think that SEO and being on the first page will make them lots, which if everything is optimized could be the case, but most times SEO people will just target anyone to increase the traffic and google ranking.
    And yes you can get your website on top of google with **** like fiverr, have people do tons of baklinks etc, yes you will get hit hard later on, but you will rank high for some time. Some people can make money this way as well, if they have burner websites (quick money, close it switch to another)

  2. #12
    Web Consultant
    Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    9,854
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Movadobgd View Post
    If SEO is done right and the website is promoted for the right keywords, then yes the SEO will increase sales. If the website is not optimized and sales ready ( I guess I should say a new term SALE OPTIMIZATION) then whatever traffic they receive on the website won't matter.
    All the people asking for SEO are really looking to make money, so one way or another, it's all about the sales.
    Sales and sales and making money, and they think that SEO and being on the first page will make them lots, which if everything is optimized could be the case, but most times SEO people will just target anyone to increase the traffic and google ranking.
    People need to read that part multiple times. There is an unrealistic association that popularity means more money. It's not true on social media. It's not true online. It's not true anywhere. Common thinking is that if I just get more attention I'm bound to make more money. They also expect the web to be magic and overcome bad design, bad copy, bad hosting, poor service, and every other way that people shoot themselves in the foot every single day.

    Just get online and everything will take care of itself.

    The truth is that many small business owners have no sales or customer service skills (yet think they are awesome at it) and it shows in everything they do from their social media profiles to the copy on their website.

  3. #13

    Default

    Popularity means more money as well. Because here statistic laws begin to work. And if you have 1000 visitors per day than the possibility of their conversion is higher than if you have 10 or 100 visitors.

  4. #14
    Web Consultant
    Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    9,854
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HSteele View Post
    Popularity means more money as well. Because here statistic laws begin to work. And if you have 1000 visitors per day than the possibility of their conversion is higher than if you have 10 or 100 visitors.
    No it's not. It's all about targeting. Arbitrary numbers hoping to get a sale is wasting your time and resources and doesn't make you more money.
    It's better to have 10 or 100 visitors who've found exactly what they were looking for, than 1000 random visitors hoping for a possibility.

    Unless of course you're trying to make money from banner advertising. But if you're selling a product or service, targeting is how it's done.

  5. #15
    Registered Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Furman View Post
    I tell my clients to think about it logically - if "ranking" was as simple as putting in magic keywords, well, anyone could rank at any time. It's not 2002 anymore.

    I'm convinced that SEO - in terms of copywriting - is borderline useless. And I generally tell this to my clients.

    Now, let me be crystal clear in that yes, you need the important keywords in your pages. And keywords WILL rank you high if nobody else uses them. I can make a blog post rank #1 on Google in an hour But it would be for keywords that nobody would ever search for. I've done it - go type Gamera, Godzilla, and Bourbon into Google and see what comes up. (you need just do those three words... did you do it? Cool, huh?)

    Anyway, the point I am making is *everyone* uses prettymuch the same keywords. If you are a Podiatrist in Des Moines, your 25 competitors are all going to use the same keywords. Oh, you might think you're cute in calling yourself a foot doctor or a toe specialist, but I guarantee your competitors thought of that as well. Bunions too.

    These days, keywords only put you in the game on a basic level with everyone else. Other things (like backlinks, time online, usefulness of your site, etc) all count for WAY more than keywords.
    All true but in 2016 it's all about social signals. I've seen people outrank older businesses and new websites get on top in a day from thousands of social signals.
    It's a stupid trend, but that's how it is. It's all about shares, pins, likes etc.

  6. #16
    Web Consultant
    Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    9,854
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Movadobgd View Post
    All true but in 2016 it's all about social signals. I've seen people outrank older businesses and new websites get on top in a day from thousands of social signals.
    It's a stupid trend, but that's how it is. It's all about shares, pins, likes etc.
    It can be one element. It's not the whole kit and caboodle.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •