Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Gigs... Do Clients Want Sales or SEO?

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Movadobgd View Post
    If SEO is done right and the website is promoted for the right keywords, then yes the SEO will increase sales. If the website is not optimized and sales ready ( I guess I should say a new term SALE OPTIMIZATION) then whatever traffic they receive on the website won't matter.
    All the people asking for SEO are really looking to make money, so one way or another, it's all about the sales.
    Sales and sales and making money, and they think that SEO and being on the first page will make them lots, which if everything is optimized could be the case, but most times SEO people will just target anyone to increase the traffic and google ranking.
    People need to read that part multiple times. There is an unrealistic association that popularity means more money. It's not true on social media. It's not true online. It's not true anywhere. Common thinking is that if I just get more attention I'm bound to make more money. They also expect the web to be magic and overcome bad design, bad copy, bad hosting, poor service, and every other way that people shoot themselves in the foot every single day.

Just get online and everything will take care of itself.

The truth is that many small business owners have no sales or customer service skills (yet think they are awesome at it) and it shows in everything they do from their social media profiles to the copy on their website.

Popularity means more money as well. Because here statistic laws begin to work. And if you have 1000 visitors per day than the possibility of their conversion is higher than if you have 10 or 100 visitors.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HSteele View Post
    Popularity means more money as well. Because here statistic laws begin to work. And if you have 1000 visitors per day than the possibility of their conversion is higher than if you have 10 or 100 visitors.
    No it's not. It's all about targeting. Arbitrary numbers hoping to get a sale is wasting your time and resources and doesn't make you more money.
    It's better to have 10 or 100 visitors who've found exactly what they were looking for, than 1000 random visitors hoping for a possibility.

Unless of course you're trying to make money from banner advertising. But if you're selling a product or service, targeting is how it's done.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Movadobgd View Post
    All true but in 2016 it's all about social signals. I've seen people outrank older businesses and new websites get on top in a day from thousands of social signals.
    It's a stupid trend, but that's how it is. It's all about shares, pins, likes etc.
    It can be one element. It's not the whole kit and caboodle.

I think today a lot of business are definitely focused on SEO. With every company marketing themselves online it's important to get yourself up on the list.