Thread: Zencart Powered Website.

Registered Member
    Array

Default Zencart Powered Website.

Someone Told me that there is A Difference to write on-page Content(Title Tags, and Keywords) of any Zencart Powered website as compare to a Normal website.

Is it true?
    Last edited by angelajason06; 11-02-2012 at 06:40 AM.

No. You may need to dig a bit to find out where you need to put the text, but you can do it. I haven't looked at Zencart in a couple of years, but it was an out growth of OsCommerce using the same table structure and format as OsCommerce. You can use unique titles for each page via php for example.

OsCommerce is a 15 y/o program and Zen Cart was built on top of it. They have tried to improve them to match with the times, but putting a Porsche motor in a 1968 Ford Pinto doesn't make the Pinto a Porsche.

Again, I haven't looked at them in about 2 years, but I wouldn't recommend either. There are newer technologies available today.

Registered Member
    Array

Thanks! But i did Not Understand Your answer 100%. If you are talking about 2 years ago then which version you are talking about i am Currently Using v1.3.9h.

Hmmmm. It seems the one Zen Cart site I had was hacked The database was deleted. So I can't really answer your question. When I last used it, it had 90 or so tables that matched Oscommerce. Most ecommerce sites today have far fewer tables and use a better table structure. Unless Zencart has done a complete redesign in the last few years they are really operating on an old technology. So I really can't give you an accurate answer to your question. If I have time this weekend I'll install it and see what it looks like today.

Registered Member
    Array

Yes You are right.