Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm on the hunt for a Specific eCommerce Solution. Need help.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Default I'm on the hunt for a Specific eCommerce Solution. Need help.

I know this has to be out there somewhere....

I'm looking for an eCommerce platform to sell digital products, that allows for multiple vendors.

Functionally, it's pretty simple in nature:
    1. The administrator should be able to set up a commission ( percentage of each sale, with a minimum amount).
    2. Vendors will be able to create an account, add their Pay Pal info and Vendor profile to sell digital downloads

• Product image
    • Description and author/vendor
    • Upload or link to download
    • That's it

3. The software should pay out each automatically on the sale.
    4. Additional features would be nice like email alerts on each sale, and vendors should be able to see their own stats and manage their products.

It would be nice to find this for WordPress, but at this point if I can find it at all I'll learn whatever platform it's on.

Anyone know of anything like this?

It sounds like an affiliate site. You might hunt around affiliate sites to see who they use or post on an affiliate forum?

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by billbenson View Post
    It sounds like an affiliate site. You might hunt around affiliate sites to see who they use or post on an affiliate forum?
    Is it really an affiliate site? The vendors would be selling their own products. The admin is just running and hosting the store. The vendors have control over their products.

Array

A quick search turns up Multi-Vendor Shopping Cart Edition of CS-Cart Ecommerce Software Solution

However I highly doubt that you will find a suite that allows each vendor to specify their own PayPal account for payment processing for two reasons:
    1st - How would the site get its commission if its not processing the payment? Most third party sites withhold this from the funds that are distributed to the seller.
    2nd - Without maintaining control of the payment gateway, you wouldn't be able to specify the callback URL that the application would need to state the payment was completed (This may not be the case with PayPal IIRC, but may be with other gateways).

[edit]I may stand corrected: Automated vendor payouts add-on for CS-Cart Multi-Vendor - CS-Cart Community Forums[/edit]
    Last edited by MyITGuy; 10-01-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MyITGuy View Post
    A quick search turns up Multi-Vendor Shopping Cart Edition of CS-Cart Ecommerce Software Solution

However I highly doubt that you will find a suite that allows each vendor to specify their own PayPal account for payment processing for two reasons:
    1st - How would the site get its commission if its not processing the payment? Most third party sites withhold this from the funds that are distributed to the seller.
    2nd - Without maintaining control of the payment gateway, you wouldn't be able to specify the callback URL that the application would need to state the payment was completed (This may not be the case with PayPal IIRC, but may be with other gateways)
    WPMUDEV has an eCommerce plug in called Marketplace that does this for hosting several stores..as in an MU set up. I want the same functionality, just on the same store.

I saw that. It's the manual payout part that kind of sucks. What if there are hundreds of vendors? If I could get the automatic payout of Marketplace...combined with the multi vendor functionality of this, that would be pretty close to it.

But I'll take a close look at it. Thanks.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Mansfield View Post
    I saw that. It's the manual payout part that kind of sucks. What if there are hundreds of vendors? If I could get the automatic payout of Marketplace...combined with the multi vendor functionality of this, that would be pretty close to it.
    Then the CS-Cart Add-on may do the trick...looks like they developed it with PayPal Pro and eWay in mind though, so multiple transactions can be performed behind the scenes without having to have the buyer submit the information again and again for several vendors.

2nd - Without maintaining control of the payment gateway, you wouldn't be able to specify the callback URL that the application would need to state the payment was completed (This may not be the case with PayPal IIRC, but may be with other gateways).
    That's actually not that difficult to do in Drupal.

It depends on if you want to split the commission out at the time of the transaction (payment is processed through two payment rules triggered together), want to bill vendors for the commission (payment fires another rule that saves the commission for that transaction, and at the end of the week, month, whatever, another rule calculates the total commission and invoices the vendors), want to pay the vendors in lump sums (same as previous, except it calculates how much is owed to each vendor), etc.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Altenhofel View Post
    That's actually not that difficult to do in Drupal.

It depends on if you want to split the commission out at the time of the transaction (payment is processed through two payment rules triggered together), want to bill vendors for the commission (payment fires another rule that saves the commission for that transaction, and at the end of the week, month, whatever, another rule calculates the total commission and invoices the vendors), want to pay the vendors in lump sums (same as previous, except it calculates how much is owed to each vendor), etc.
    I don't recall Drupal supporting this by default, which module are you using?

Additionally just out of curiosity, does it support multiple vendors? (I.E. Lets say a customer orders 3 different products, all from different vendors)

I don't recall Drupal supporting this by default, which module are you using?

Additionally just out of curiosity, does it support multiple vendors? (I.E. Lets say a customer orders 3 different products, all from different vendors)
    Commerce. It's built on the Entity API and Rules modules. Really, between the Entity API, Rules, and Tokens, you implement nearly any business process in Drupal.

And yes, it does. You would just need some kind of relationship between the product and the owning vendor. If you use the Relation module, the "relationship" becomes an entity itself and is therefore fieldable and can also have relationships of its own. Really, between those four modules (and their dependencies), you can take just about any process chart and make it happen. I say "just about" because I haven't run into anything that couldn't be done that way, but there's always a first time.

If you use Entity Construction Kit to build your entities, you probably won't have to touch code.

Drupal doesn't support anything by default.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Looks as if CS-Cart is the only available solution that I can apply out of the box to do what I need. I've been looking and looking and it's pretty much clear that this is something that I need to have deisgned and programmed to get exactly what I want.

So with that in mind, the $1k for the CS-Cart is cheaper than a programmer, but that's a big price point to take a risk on and have it now work properly.
    Has anyone here ever used any CS-Cart products?