Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wordpress 2.7

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I like 2.7. I think the dashboard is cleaner and it's easier to find things. It took a bit of adjusting because some things were in different places, but not much.

I also love Automatic Upgrade. It's always worked for me.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I like the new interface too. I was a little slower with it for about an hour at most. It didn't take very long to get used to and for the most part tasks seem quicker to finish. You're a few clicks closer to many pages than you were before.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

I think you misinterpreted me VG. To keep it simple, lets take an htaccess file. When I make a change to it, I rename the one on the server t-htaccess-dec0708. That way, if I get a server error or need to go back to a prior htaccess it's easy.

I'm not suggesting renaming your active file name, but rather for archiving purposes. It effectively gives you an undo function.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Oh, got'cha. My bad. I was thinking you meant the active files. That's a good system for the archives. See what I get for not reading clearly.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Array

2.7 is also set up so that you can configure gears, which is a firefox add-on which forces the computer to store a set range of files locally, specifically the admin files to attempt to make it quicker to navigate, at this point i have not noticed a huge difference in using it but it maybe is because 2.5 which i was using used to take ages to load sometimes on my mobile broadband connection, however i am unsure if it is 2.7 or gears which is speeding up or maybe a combination.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

It should be gears making things faster since gears would be storing things locally on your computer instead of having to go over the internet. I've never used gears so I'm not sure when it updates things online, but I'm guessing it only does when it has to or when you specifically tell it to. Not really sure though, having never used it.