Hello ...
I just found this thread .... just some free advice from another biz owner and someone who knows a fair amount about the credit card payment industry.

If a business is processing about $1000 per month, and don't need any accounting features or integration with something like Quickbooks
- your best bet is something like Square or GoPayment ... Yes the rate is a "higher" - but no contract, no other monthly fees. This is also
a good solution for start ups that only do a few transactions a month and a very low volume of credit card sales.

Once your volume gets higher (around $2000/mo or more consistantly) - there are lots of options to you as a merchant. But before signing
any contracts, you should get a clear understanding of what you need your merchant account to do for you ... At some point you may need
- Invoicing capability, Quickbooks Integration, Recurring Payment options, Payment links on your website, Mobile payment .... etc.

It's important to think about what you will need in the next stages of your biz ... standard contracts are about 3 years and some have brutal
cancellation clauses. I'm happy to help you think through your options once you get to that point if you like.

Businesses that are doing a volume of 5K a month or more should be on an interchange plus program to really benefit from the Durbin amendment
cap on debit card fees (0.05%). Banks and most processors offer a tiered rate structure (if you here terms like "Qualified Rate" you are being
quoted a tiered program). This is never a preferred rate plan since Interchange Plus will guarantee your rates coincide with the V/MC rate schedule.

Get any quote in writing and I would be happy to review it for you and coach you on more questions you should be asking.

Re this plan ....
$0 to start (... be sure to review your initial bill for any start up fee, or maintenance fee, or whatever else they want to call this ...)
$5 a month fee
low rates (you should be asking for Interchange Plus Rates)
no batch fee
.25c per swipe (you should really look to pay only .10-.20 a swipe)
$350 for a at home card entering device (these terminals should only cost you about $150)
$99 a year fee (you should not pay a yearly fee ---- )

You should also look for merchant accts that can give you next day funding for no additional charge

Joe
Your Merchant Guru