Thread: What is a called out comment?

Array

Default What is a called out comment?

I was reading an article today and it had 5 comments and 2 called out. I have never seen "called out" and don't know what it means?

Thanks

I haven't heard of it either, but I wonder if it's another name for a pingback where you get a notification when someone links to your article?

Yeah or maybe a "like" similar to facebook. Could be a recommended comment by readers. I wouldn't assume that is correct or take my word for it though as it could be the opposite!

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I Googled it and it appears "called out" comments are comments that someone highlighted and/or liked. It sounds like it's a way for readers and those who comment to highlight comments they think are especially useful or interesting. I don't think that function exists on every blog. Based on my Google search it looked like it was primarily a Forbes magazine online thing.

Registered Member
    Array

I think replies to comments are the same thing.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KristineS View Post
    I Googled it and it appears "called out" comments are comments that someone highlighted and/or liked. It sounds like it's a way for readers and those who comment to highlight comments they think are especially useful or interesting. I don't think that function exists on every blog. Based on my Google search it looked like it was primarily a Forbes magazine online thing.
    This is pretty much it. A "call out" is just a way (using HTML) to highlight something. A passage or idea within a page. You can also use them to pay attribution to a source, or author.
    A quote box is kind of a form of a call out too but it's purpose is ..well for actual quotes.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by KristineS View Post
    It sounds like it's a way for readers and those who comment to highlight comments they think are especially useful or interesting.
    That's what I figured it was. I've been on blogs that have a "recommended" feature that let's you recommend comments you like. I assumed it was something like that.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by jamesray50 View Post
    What is a called out comment?
    0ld post, eye know; but, this is kinda (!) interesting IMO:
    Code:
    karenecarlson.com/forbes-com-what-does-it-mean-when-your-comment-is-called-out/
    .. Found it funny, because:
    I didnít know what that meant! I thought it meant I was in some sort of trouble. And when you Google it (nothing Google does makes sense anymore), there was no specific information on what it meant to have your comment called out.
    && it's c00l, 2, right?!?? =)
    Z68A-G43 (G3) - i7-3770 - Vengeance 2x4GB 2133MHz - GTX 650 Gainward - WD 1TB 64MB SATA - Win7 Pro/64 SP1 / Trusty Xfce AMD64

Quote Originally Posted by jamesray50 View Post
    I was reading an article today and it had 5 comments and 2 called out. I have never seen "called out" and don't know what it means?

Thanks
    This reply comes years after your post, however I had the same question today. I did satisfactorily find an answer via google. The answer, as you surely now know, is your comment has been posted 'considered valuable to the conversation'.

Array

When your comment is called out then it means that contributors can highlight comments they find particularly interesting. These called-out comments are visible below a contributor’s post. Called-out comments may also appear in Activity Feeds.