Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are there NoFollow in Forum Signature Links

Default Are there NoFollow in Forum Signature Links

I've been trying to supplement my SEO campaign by contributing to a variety of forums and I just want to make sure that the content, signature links are actually holding water? Anybody have a perspective on this topic? Also, what is the significance of a trackback?

I'm not quite sure of your first question. Are you asking if the Forum Signature links are DoFollow? They are.

Perhaps I worded the question poorly, but yes, that is essentiall what I was asking and thank you for clarifying. The second question was about the "trackback" on the forum. I'm not sure what that is. If you can't tell, I'm still learning these things.

Registered Member
    Array

The links on this forum appear to be 'doFollow' - a tip would be to install a plug in such as SEOBOOK or Quirk which highlights any no follow links on a page, you can then tell if it is no follow or not.

That's good advice. Do those plugin's just brink up the links code as your scroll over them?

Registered Member
    Array

It seems like the links are do follow here. If you are using either chrome or firefox you can install the seomoz plugins and they will tell you if it is dofollow or no follow.

Array

As I see it, the signatures in this forum is a do follow one. You can try searching on Quirk SearchStatus addon on your FireFox browser and enable the option 'highlight nofollow links'. That way you can easily see what is do follow and no follow one.

With regards to trackback, I guess this is just a way for authors to keep track of people whose linking in their article. Just like reference sites.
    I think I need to share this, in case you don't understand [http ://www .cruftbox. com/ cruft/ docs/ trackback. html] Just erased the extra space so you can land on the right page. I think I still don't have the right to post links here [I just don't want to break any rules of the community ]

Quote Originally Posted by dianecoleen View Post
    As I see it, the signatures in this forum is a do follow one. You can try searching on Quirk SearchStatus addon on your FireFox browser and enable the option 'highlight nofollow links'. That way you can easily see what is do follow and no follow one.

With regards to trackback, I guess this is just a way for authors to keep track of people whose linking in their article. Just like reference sites.
    I think I need to share this, in case you don't understand [http ://www .cruftbox. com/ cruft/ docs/ trackback. html] Just erased the extra space so you can land on the right page. I think I still don't have the right to post links here [I just don't want to break any rules of the community ]
    Thank you for the helpful response. I'm still familiarizing myself with a lot of this information so appreciate the patience as I'm sure that question gets asked a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Elabusiness View Post
    It seems like the links are do follow here. If you are using either chrome or firefox you can install the seomoz plugins and they will tell you if it is dofollow or no follow.
    Would you recommend Firefox of Google Chrome?

Array

Your welcome JunkDawgs. I am glad to share this kind of information with you. Anyways, you can always find helpful answer in Google. Just search on the right keyword.