Thread: What is Branchout? Is anyone using it?

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Default What is Branchout? Is anyone using it?

Every few days I get an email that says some person has joined my network on "Branchout". I don't remember ever creating a network there, but I may have. Who knows.
    When I click through, it seems to go to a Facebook app and then I back out. (tired of giving things Facebook permissions)

Does anyone know anything about it? Or is anyone using it?

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

It is a Facebook app. It's supposed to essentially be, as I understand it, like Linked In. It's basically a job hunting site or as they call it, career networking. I haven't participated in it, so don't know how well it works or if it works at all.

Array

Yes, it works and I find that its very fast with returning results. You can search for jobs and people as well on branch out.

Its not as bulky and complicated as other job search sites, its very simple easy to navigate and one of the easiest ways of searching for jobs that I've seen so far..

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I started to sign up to check it out and then I remembered why I never did. You have to asign up with your Facebook account and you have to use your personal account, which I don't use for business.

Array

Is it any good? I haven't heard of it but if it is something you recommend it could be something worth telling others (like my clients!) about. I have heard about LinkedIn and know a lot of folks who use it and it seems like a good tool for networking.
    **Improving your Social Skills can help get you ahead at work, stand out in school and improve your relationships. Get free tips and advice at InterpersonalSkillsOnline.com.

Registered Member
    Array

Branchout is tool and a facebook App to expand your professional career network, finding jobs, recruiting employees and connect with peoples you know. It will helps both the job seekers and recruiters.

Array

I think it is more like LinkedIn, although this App is supported by Facebook. I'm not exploring that world yet. But as what the others said, it provides more about career networking so it is advisable to have if your starting to build your career in the online community.

It's like Linkedin, for Facebook. I tried it a few months ago and I'm quite confused by it, and there's this big block of text per update which got me quite annoyed. I stopped using it after five minutes and went back to LinkedIn.

Same as what we experienced (this side of the world!) - it appears to be an attempt to fight LinkedIn but after trying to use it for 10 minutes gave up because it was too time consuming especially when we have LinkedIn down. There is word of feedback like this getting back to the developers and possible enhancements to the app but not sure it will convince me at this stage.
    Ozetel Pty Ltd - Australian Retail Telecommunications
    1800 Numbers
    1300 Numbers