Thread: Where to post online ADs?

Default Where to post online ADs?

I'm wondering where could i post an image AD?

Know any sites that allow users to post ADs, please list

Thanks

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

A lot of blogs are offering space for advertising now. Most will or at least should have a page dedicated to where the ad will be and how much it will cost. The typical ad is a 125x125 that sites in the sidebar.

Are you subscribed to any design blogs? I can list a few I read. I'm not sure if they're advertising and some I'm guessing are going to be pretty expensive.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

You can try a search for "Advertise On Our Blog" and then add some keywords like "logo design" or "web design" or whatever kind of advertising you want.

You'll probably have to scroll through the results a little to find a good match, but you should find sites where you can advertise.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

i'm actually not subscribed to any blogs - and don't know to much about them...

do you have to pay to be a subscriber on most blogs?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Nope. Most blogs are free. You've probably been on them without realizing you were on a blog.

If you check the green link in my signature it'll take you to my blog. You can see it looks like most any other web page except that you can comment on individual posts. You'll also see a subscribe button in the upper right. That's the typical orange rss button, though many people are using variations of it to fit their designs.

You can visit any blog just by visiting, but it's much more efficient to use a feed reader. I use the Sage extension for Firefox. When I want to read the blogs I've subscribed to I open it (it opens as a sidebarin Firefox) and there's a list of every blog I've subscribed to.

If I click on the link for one blog a list of recent post titles appears in the sidebar below the list of blogs and the posts appear in the main content window of the browser. I can easily see which blogs have been updated since I last looked and I can read their content without having to click to their sites if I prefer.

There are a variety of free blog readers each with slightly different features.

You can also use a service like Bloglines. You register and then subscribe to blogs there. When you want to read you visit Bloglines and do everything through their site. I have rss feeds pulled into my Yahoo Home page and you can do the same through iGoogle or a variety of other sites.

The main advanatge is being able to tell if a site has updated without visiting, which saves time and to be able to read the content from many sites all in one place.