Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Files to backup?

Array

Actually - if you are using Windows XP by any chance - there's a utility that lets you copy all of your files/settings from one computer to another.

I believe it copies email, browser settings, everything in your desktop and "My Documents" folder and a bunch of stuff.

You can effectively use this as a backup - provided you have all of your stuff in there.

Alternatively - drop $300 for a small Network Storage device with RAID. They are pretty reliable - and back up everything to it with software. Take it home with you at night.

Better yet - buy two and switch them back and forth.

Mr. Tax Man
    Array

Bill, I did have a backup. I was just upset with how long the process took. And if anyone has a similar experience, you never know how long it WILL take.
    Small Business CPA
    "A tax loophole is something that benefits the other guy. If it benefits you, it's tax reform."

Array

I know when i worked for a retail store, previously they would match all the online pricing that was offered through there online (but seperate) website, however only on products there they stocked in store. The website did offer a lot of additional or different tech products as the site actually was added through an acquisition of another company that had many contracts for special pricing in place.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels