Thread: closing an old account of my business

Default closing an old account of my business

Hi,
    I have an LLC business which I founded formally 4 years ago and right after that opened a checking account with a major bank. I then opened two more checking accounts last year. The first one I opened with the major bank is not free and I am not happy with that. I want to close that account because I now have other account for my business anyway. My question is, if I close the account with the major bank, might there be a negative effect later? Because that account is the oldest account for my business. I had heard the older the account the better it is for you, but does it really matter?

Mr. Tax Man
    Array

Checking accounts are as pretty disposable as they come. They're not credit cards.
    Small Business CPA
    "A tax loophole is something that benefits the other guy. If it benefits you, it's tax reform."

Array

I agree. Close down the account, and don't worry too much about the credit consequences. Even if there are some credit consequences, they would probably easy to fix.
    Tomas Merrill | Small Business Entrepreneur, Blogger
    Check out my small business blog.

Array

Not a problem to close, just make sure all the checks have cleared. If not, research why.

I've closed and re-opened many business banking accounts since they always seem to be raising their rates every time they get swallowed up by a larger bank. It's not an issue at all, other than that you have less pull in negotiating better rates with new banks than you do with a bank you've had for awhile.

Array

This won't effect your business at all... unless you are tying to get a loan from the bank you are closing the account with. And even then, it might be trivial.
    Best Name Badges & BNB Promotional Products | Custom Name Badges, Promotional Products, Pin Buttons, and More!
    Find Us On Google +