Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on marketing plan?

Default Advice on marketing plan?

Happy almost Thanksgiving everyone!

First a little background info... I've always felt that door hangers are under utilized and in the interest of trying to learn why, I poured into research on the subject. My research led me to a few conclusions ... door hangers can be very effective for the right type of business, but (despite being less expensive than direct mail) the cost and logistic concerns makes it hard for small businesses to take advantage - and local small businesses are those who would benefit the most! With that in mind, I've developed a turn key business opportunity for door hanger marketing.

Now for the advice ... I have the opportunity all put together, but I need people to sell the product/service. My intention is to recruit "independent publishers" - essentially like franchises. These individuals will be self employed, but we provide them with the tools to make it all happen. I created an information packet that I want to send out to prospective opportunity seekers and I hope to get advice on the content and presentation of this information - plus any suggestions on the best way to advertise the opportunity would be great.

The information packet is a 10 page pdf file - if anyone would like to help with the critique I'll be happy to email you the file.

Thanks in advance!
    ~T

Array

I will.

I researched into buying a franchise before we started our coupon magazine, then I ended up doing it myself anyway (I usually don't reference our coupon magazine on this forum since my wife now does most of the work).

The only thing I would add is that selling advertising to local businesses in this economy has proven nearly impossible for us. We are skipping the January edition because we just can't sell enough space to even come close to covering the costs. I'll admit my wife and I aren't very good salespeople either.
    Last edited by Steve B; 11-26-2008 at 06:26 PM. Reason: one too many beers before typing
    Steve B

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I'll be happy to review your PDF. It might be a week or so before I have a chance to read it, but if you send it or a link to it my way I promise to read it and offer some thoughts.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I'm up for reviewing as well if you're still looking for reviews.

Array

Drop me a copy too. I think it sounds very interesting. Gimme at least a few days.
    Singer/Songwriter/SEO Guy | Indigo Cowboy Band

Thank you all for the help ... so forgive me if this is a stupid question but Kristine and Soelman, I couldn't find an email address for you. Where should I send the file?

Thanks again!

And Steve ... I appreciate the input you sent me, especially considering you have experience in the world of coupons, etc. Thanks for going above and beyond in your advice.

Array

Hi Remipub! I'd be happy to look this over as well - I've done a bit of coupon/advertising selling recently and in the past... I've just been a bit absent from the forum lately - we had a couple of busy weeks!
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Remipub,

I'll PM you with my e-mail. I thought I put it in my profile, but perhaps not.

Sorry about that.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Just letting you know I haven't forgotten. I did get your email with the PDF. It'll be a few more days before I can read it and offer thoughts. Just finishing up a vacation and will be back to work in a few days.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I got the e-mail too. I will try to get to it this week.