Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How to get started in the copywriting industry?

Array

Based on my experience I can tell you taht sometimes nothing is more important than grapevine. when I started working in one company and they were pleased with content that I delivered my team leader whispered some words to the others. And thanks to that I had more and more orders.

Registered Member
    Freelance content writer
    Array

Working as freelance copywriter is a challenging task; it is not as simple and easy as you might be seeing it. I am also working as freelance writer since last 15 years. The very first suggestion is- be disciplined. Maintaining regular working hours especially when you don’t have urgent assignments is very tough. Start your own blog and advertise through local directories. Contacting SEO companies is also a good practice.

Array

You can start freelancing and building up repertoire on websites like Freelancer.com and Upwork.com. You will only begin to really understand the industry as you gain experience. Learn as much as you can through the books and the experiences of others, and learn the rest through your own experience.

Networking is a big part of any professional freelancing or copywriting career. Meet new people, find some mentors, make yourself available to work. Never underprice yourself, either!

Good luck in the field.