Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: phone book renewal coming up....what to do?

I think you have to do more research on where your money can be best spent. Some industries do very well with local phone book advertising while other don't.
    Create QR Codes and Track QR Codes with myQRad.
    Don’t get stuck with QR codes you can’t change.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

huggy is likely in one of those industries where a local phone book can still work reasonably well. He's a plumber and I would think enough people still look to the phone book when hiring local service providers like plumbers and contractors, etc. I'm sure less people look in the phone book each year compared to looking online, but I would think the phone book can still work for some for a little longer.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

the problem with most phone books and plumbers is that theres over 100 plumbers listed....

which makes the phone book worthless

when i was in the big books all i got was price shoppers....its a good list for a guy who wants to call 100 plumbers for the best price

the mini book in now in only has 8 plumbers i think
    (maybe less)...so its easy to stand out

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

True, but that's not so much a problem with the phone book as it is there's a lot of competition. Have you gotten any more calls or better any jobs from the phone book yet?
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Hi,

I am interested to find out how this worked for you? Just interested as wanted to compare to what I am seeing. I tend to see this as as growing trend where Little / yellow book and many traditional based media have dwindling numbers. To me I would rather spend the same on Internet marketing, rather than traditional media. Done right I believe (and see to be honest) it to be more effective. The COOL thing is that when you stop paying it STILL remains.

When I look at increasing numbers of smart phones, tablets etc, I can only see one way for these traditional media forms and that is downwards.

Kenneth
    Kenneth Todd - Founder Gaia Media Group
    Online Solutions for Small Business